PDA

View Full Version : Picked up L1A1 sport on imbel receiver

cheesy411
November 17, 2017, 17:43
So I picked up a decent L1A1 on imbel receiver. Besides the ugly stock, I was surprised to find I had a RA marked bolt not a typical sand cut bolt like my other L1A1 I had. I know century used a mess of parts to make these work but how common is it to have a bolt like that?

Upon further break down, the barrel is Australian made. Kinda cool; however of course the FH has been chopped off. I will be sending this to Mark at ARS to have re threaded and finally the lower is a British marked. A true example of century arms and their shity peice together rifles, I plan to return it to L1A1 configuration... just need to hunt down a L1A1 BCG

Bones2586
November 18, 2017, 07:09
Good score. Sending the same off to ARS next week, good stuff. Cheers

pl521
November 18, 2017, 07:21
I have L1A1 BCG. Send PM if interest in trade.

gunplumber
November 18, 2017, 10:33
To be fair, the Republicans gave us the 86 machinegun ban and the 89 import ban and the reinterpretation of the import ban to include barrels and receivers.

Century needs to be thanked for finding a way to get this stuff in the country, despite the Republican bans.

Now they might have made a better thumbhole so as to not cut the stud off the lower, but the Republican law said they had to cut the threads off. Not their fault. I bet they'd rather not have.

cheesy411
November 18, 2017, 10:38
Iím extremley thankful, the RA marked bolt and carrier was a pleasant find. I will be sending the barreled receiver to you either today or Monday. I picked it up from the FFL yesterday and shot it at the base range while I was testing my newest imbel build. Imbel Shot excellent, the L1A1 mix master not so much haha.

I honestly may start picking up more of these century sporters that are rocking the imbel receivers. My first was built on all matching British kit, itís like a box of chocolates :tongue:

Timber Wolf
November 20, 2017, 08:48
One like that was my first FAL/L1A1 and still my favorite. Love the Imbel "Inch" upper that is cut for a metric mag. Best of all worlds to me.

jeffrey
December 18, 2017, 00:26
To be fair, the Republicans gave us the 86 machinegun ban and the 89 import ban and the reinterpretation of the import ban to include barrels and receivers.

Century needs to be thanked for finding a way to get this stuff in the country, despite the Republican bans.

Now they might have made a better thumbhole so as to not cut the stud off the lower, but the Republican law said they had to cut the threads off. Not their fault. I bet they'd rather not have.

Well said. It's easy to bitch about CAI, but they had to work under the conditions our politicians dictated.

Incognito
December 18, 2017, 11:42
Well said. It's easy to bitch about CAI, but they had to work under the conditions our politicians dictated.

They are still a bunch of d-bags