PDA

View Full Version : SR trigger housing?

embatp
November 13, 2017, 15:51
Just got a lower with only SR selector markings....steel, type 2, no litening cuts, no serial number....no other markings that I can tell but the inside needs cleaning... I know itís not argy or Dsa....imbels for Springfield armory are marked SF.....any idea on manufacturer? Iím thinking FN or Imbel....

pl521
November 13, 2017, 16:56
I have a similar one, no serial number. I believe it is IMBEL since no lightening cut. I'm sure other knowlegeable Falfilers will chime in. Please post pictures to help id the lower.

embatp
November 13, 2017, 17:05
Posting pics is a pain now....will try later...

Lee Carpentieri
November 13, 2017, 17:18
Does it have a type 3 backing plate, Or is it a type 1 or type 2 backing plate?

Embatp, Yours is most likely Belgium, People have to remember that when a country ordered spares, There would be No serial number on the lower. Lightning cuts were options also.

embatp
November 13, 2017, 18:08
Does it have a type 3 backing plate, Or is it a type 1 or type 2 backing plate?

Embatp, Yours is most likely Belgium, People have to remember that when a country ordered spares, There would be No serial number on the lower. Lightning cuts were options also.

Lee....itís a type 2...i also have one exactly the same except itís SRA....the SR is just kinda throwing me....but Iíve seen them before....

FriendBesto
November 13, 2017, 22:13
Isn't that what comes on the Belgian 50.00's? That sure describes mine to a T.

Lee Carpentieri
November 13, 2017, 22:52
I also have a Steyr Searcut type 3 with the same lower. So you have numerous options with that lower.:wink:

embatp
November 13, 2017, 23:29
Quick check on gunbroker verified the commercial guns are marked as my lower with the G guns being SRA....so I guess mine is a commercial lower...

Also have an unserialed fn made type 2....SRA with an extra pin to block the selector from going to A....factory or done later?