PDA

View Full Version : Building a couple of CETME C's - Should I convert to HK Sights?

desert_dick
November 09, 2017, 10:25
Hi all:
Well I finally started gathering parts to build a couple of CETME C kits and I've already decided to use HK trigger packs (in Flat Spot boxes), New fluted G3 barrels, and I'm picking up two PTR91 Receivers tomorrow...
Looks like there is no rear sight base on these receivers and people seem to like the HK G3 type sights better than the CETME's, so since I need to weld on the rear sight base anyway, should I just go ahead and use the HK sights?
Seems they're available used for a reasonable price, and I already have an HK rear sight tool....

-Rich

Herr Walther
November 09, 2017, 10:41
I would. But I don't like CETME sights.

If you have to weld anyway you may as well use the HK drum sight.

djfin
November 09, 2017, 11:01
If you are buying PTR receivers the HK rear base will already be welded on it. A lot of work to cut them off and weld on a Cetme base.

lew
November 09, 2017, 12:11
Since you are using mostly G3-type parts, why not use HK rear sights?

hkshooter
November 09, 2017, 20:13
As above, you are building more HK than CETME, use HK. If you wanted a more correct CETME you should be using one of RTG's CETME C flats.

desert_dick
November 14, 2017, 14:19
If you are buying PTR receivers the HK rear base will already be welded on it. A lot of work to cut them off and weld on a Cetme base.

Well, I bought PTR91 Receivers, but they do not have any rear sight base welded to them...However, as I'm not making exact CETME clones, I'm going to go ahead and get the HK Rear Sights (and I guess I'll also use a G3 Triple Frame/Front Sight as well).

Thanks for the opinions/suggestions....

-Rich

djfin
November 14, 2017, 15:01
That seems strange to me. When I tried to buy a PTR receiver without the rear sight base to do a Cetme build I was told by them that they did not sell then without the rear sight base.

Blackwing
November 14, 2017, 16:14
Where did you find PTR receivers for sale?

desert_dick
November 14, 2017, 16:22
Sarco:

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/ptr91receiver.aspx

Got two last week....

But the magwell has that HK bead rolled into it - not exactly like a CETME.

-Rich

djfin
November 15, 2017, 11:47
Where did you find PTR receivers for sale?

Atlantic Arms is the current PTR Dealer.

desert_dick
November 15, 2017, 13:16
Atlantic Arms is the current PTR Dealer.

Officially, that may be the case, but the receivers I just received from SARCO were folded, welded, stamped and serialized by PTR and came with PTR91 warranty cards/paperwork....

Only difference I can see is that there is no rear sight base welded on...

-Rich

bhound
November 15, 2017, 19:12
dd,you'll have to use the cetme cocking tube and cetme front sight if you have a cetme bolt carrier the hk bolt carrier,cocking tube,front sight are different,as aside note the cetme triple frame front sight is adjustable for windage elevation the hk is not.

desert_dick
November 16, 2017, 09:03
dd,you'll have to use the cetme cocking tube and cetme front sight if you have a cetme bolt carrier the hk bolt carrier,cocking tube,front sight are different,as aside note the cetme triple frame front sight is adjustable for windage elevation the hk is not.

Cool....plan on using CETME Bolt/Bolt Carrier, Cocking Tube and Triple Frame/Front Sight , PTR91 Receiver, New G3 (Fluted Chamber) Barrel with HK91 Trigger Components, Rear Sight and a FlatSpot Semiauto Trigger Box.

Thanks for the info...

-Rich