PDA

View Full Version : wtk- what is a decent price for DSA R1 receiver,unbuilt?

EinheitElf
November 08, 2017, 01:47
Hey guys,just a quick question.

What would be a decent purchase price for an unbuilt on discontinued DSA R1 type 2 receiver?? Have seen one listed quasi local,same county in state, but the guy is asking $575.

I'm starting to look into sourcing a receiver or 2 but if I get from out of state a coonan at $350 turns to about $500:mad: Due to $25 background check,$100 approx ffl transfer-cough,gouge fee bs,cough- and piece the shitstance- tax on the receiver even bought out of state.

So I'm looking into enterprise T3 ,coonan,anything that may already be in state. Only other option is to try getting local place to order for me but with a lead time of maybe 4-6 mos with full payment up front,I don't trust the shops...may have to order then bitch and gripe in 4-6 months...or get coonan to send invoice saying I paid less..

I have had 3t3 enterprise receivers build up fine with no issues, fwiw.
Any way that's my situation.

I have one of those inch pattern messed up lock lug,extra material on the bottom CAI/coonans from years ago I would like to get sorted out and built into a truck gun... Aside from the 2step lug and the underside needing to be cleaned up I think it would be ok...

MAINER
November 08, 2017, 09:01
If that DSA has a DS ****** (aka LMT) serial number, I'd buy it. I paid $535 for a GL Imbel with a $20 shipping bill and a $20 transfer fee to boot.

B'sides, I like them Type II's. :D

Yes, the price sucks, but not out of line these days. Cheap FALs are history.

EinheitElf
November 08, 2017, 09:37
That is for sure... Man I wish I would have bought a 4' high pallet of imbel gl receivers when they were $147 each.. :(:eek:

Thanks mainer for the reply.

TraFALgar
November 08, 2017, 16:57
EinheitElf,
When DSA was making R1 receivers, they were $450 direct from the factory when ordered by an individual (engraved with SA or Rhodesian crest). So if you add on your background check fee and $100 (!) xfer fee, you are already at the guy's asking price. When you look at it that way, it's not a terrible deal.
Maybe you could talk him down a little. :wink:

Good luck!
:fal:

Oh BTW, I don't think DSA's R1 receivers had "DS" prefix S/N's. The S/N on mine has an "RA" prefix (seriously).

G3isMe
November 08, 2017, 17:01
The one I bought from DSA was $575 so you probably won't find one cheaper.
If you don't want it my Elfin friend send me the information on the seller as I will buy it....:D