PDA

View Full Version : brand new

gatorjaws
November 04, 2017, 23:54
just bought a DSA SA58 and I am loving the heck out of it!Lot of fun to shoot.Very accurate at 100 yards, just need to shoot it more.I live in Colorado so I could not get a 20 round mag. Ten rounder was fine for the range though so not sure what size mags to buy.Any suggestions would be great!Thanks in advance.
Gator

Macho Hambre
November 05, 2017, 07:08
This guy is selling standard cap surplus FAL mags cut down to 10/10 configuration.
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412415

1911Ron
November 05, 2017, 11:22
Welcome to the madness! :rofl::rofl: :fal::fal:

Atla
November 07, 2017, 15:34
Awesome and congrats!

Southern 7.62
November 07, 2017, 17:38
Welcome there Gatorjaws. I imagine you're getting to snow shoot right now. What model did you end up with?

William

gatorjaws
November 08, 2017, 12:36
SA5821S-V2-A,I wanted the traditional look. bipod,handle, 21" barrel.
Its shoots very well and its fun too.
No problems at all once I got the gas adjusted.

Douglas Wozny
November 08, 2017, 15:38
Cheyenne, Wyoming is less than 60 miles from Johnstown.

MK ULTRA
November 08, 2017, 21:47
Just cut a wood block and put it in a 20 rnd mag under the spring so it holds 10 rnds....that's all you do...

ftierson
November 08, 2017, 22:51
Just cut a wood block and put it in a 20 rnd mag under the spring so it holds 10 rnds....that's all you do...

Regardless of how stupid the law is and how it's enforced or not, that might be all YOU do but it won't fly here...

Incorrect advice is never helpful...

Forrest

bigstick61
November 08, 2017, 23:15
Regardless of how stupid the law is and how it's enforced or not, that might be all YOU do but it won't fly here...

Incorrect advice is never helpful...

Forrest

That's the sort of thing I've seen done at all of the gun stores in CO. I think the limit is 15 rounds, though, not that the cops seemed to care either way.

01BIRDDOG
November 09, 2017, 18:13
Welcome aboard and i'm sure you will enjoy your FAL.

gatorjaws
November 09, 2017, 21:59
johnstown is indeed close to the wyoming border but be advised that most store owners in cheyenne won't sell the mags. if they know your from colorado.
Gun laws only affect people who follow the law,somehow the politician's got the idea that if they make new gun laws, criminals would have an epiphany and start following the new laws. This was a law that was enacted not by the people but by our elected representatives.We will loose our freedoms by complacency.Your vote really does matter!

ftierson
November 09, 2017, 23:04
johnstown is indeed close to the wyoming border but be advised that most store owners in cheyenne won't sell the mags. if they know your from colorado.
Gun laws only affect people who follow the law,somehow the politician's got the idea that if they make new gun laws, criminals would have an epiphany and start following the new laws. This was a law that was enacted not by the people but by our elected representatives.We will loose our freedoms by complacency.Your vote really does matter!

Every tax increase measure on the ballot in Colorado Springs passed by a decent margin. Especially given my take on public sentiment vis-a-vis taxes, kind of makes you wonder about the program used to tally the votes, if you catch my drift...

Forrest