PDA

View Full Version : cheap complete psa 9mm uppers

fnogger
November 01, 2017, 17:38
$200 complete pistol upper and $250 carbine

http://enews.palmettostatearmory.com/q/a_FGaiiDFEcmjpueebB9G_slVM_X_F20ns2tney4ZbGnBlLQbl _RP49ZG

HankC
November 02, 2017, 17:17
What lowers go with PSA 9mm upper? 9mm AR compatibility is confusing. 308s at least come to DPMS pattern after a long way, I know little about 9mm ARs. Is there such thing as 9mm AR patterns?
I would like to stay with standard AR15 lower receiver if possible.

usaceranger
November 02, 2017, 17:49
there are dedicated 9mm lowers, most use glock mags if it is a dedicated lower. you can use a standard AR lower with a magazine block in place. Hahn makes a good one. this allows the use of modified uzi mags or actual colt 9mm mags. or aftermarket mage like promag or ASC. so in short you can use your standard AR lower, but you need to add the mag well adapter which is usually set screwed in place.

HankC
November 02, 2017, 18:15
I found a good article.

http://www.pariaharms.com/AR9.php

PSA pretty much sold out the 9mm stuff anyway.

John A
November 02, 2017, 19:57
I wrote this little topic going off experiences I've had over the years to help answer some questions because 9mm (pistol cal blowback) is a little different beast in the AR platform.

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/9mm-ars.17671/

HankC
November 02, 2017, 21:32
I wrote this little topic going off experiences I've had over the years to help answer some questions because 9mm (pistol cal blowback) is a little different beast in the AR platform.

http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/9mm-ars.17671/

Good info. Thank you.

hueyville
November 03, 2017, 07:34
Only way I would consider a 9mm AR is for indoor training as bullet traps in my indoor range will only handle up to 454 Casull with cast or 7.62x39 rifle with cast. Anything larger than full house 44 magnum jacketed bullets bend strike plates or like 5.56 and 6.8 spc II punch holes in strike plates though rear stops them before get away. It might be cool to train with an AR indoors. Believe I have asked this before, any upper lower combos that use Hi Power magazines? Did recent inventory and in addition to dozens of standard 13 round magazines, fair number of 10 rounders for travel through mag limit states, 21 and even 30 round magazines. Have a fleet of Hi Powers and well over 100 magazines so an AR that shared would make sense. Only other 9mm configuration that would make sense would need to use MAC 10 magazines as have those by the gross as well.

An attractive option would be a 40 Smith upper to mate with all my SIG 40 caliber mags. At least 40 is major power factor handgun round. Seems to be not as many 40 options nor very popular so likely be more expensive to build. Have had three friends buy 9mm AR's for running with suppressors and lower cost ammo. All three grew bored, moved their cans over to a handgun and traded into a 5.56 rifle. None of them are the stack AR's deep type so prefer just one or two in same caliber but while tried to consolidate down to fewer cartridges, it only lasted about a year and suddenly 22 Noslers are growing like weeds, 6.8's are taking over, 270 AR project almost ready to go, may be going back at the 300 BO for full time subsonic work plus these 45 caliber big bores are getting interesting as a subsonic gun as well.

John A
November 03, 2017, 09:53
I really love my AR-9.

I made a form 1 Integral can for it.

With maybe the exception of the Spikes Tactical "brown recluse" integral upper receiver, I have not heard another that is more quiet than mine. It's even better than an MP5SD, though in all fairness, my can is the freefloat handguard. 12 inches long, 1.75" inside diameter. Ported barrel wrapped with insulation under the handguard.

It's very accurate, and the entire gun weighs less than a 300 blackout pistol. Less than 6.5 lbs with a loaded 32 round mag.

That includes optic, weapon light, the whole enchilada.

hueyville
November 03, 2017, 10:50
Waiting on a Form 1 right now. Quietest can I own is a homebrew Form 1 and believe design have for the upcoming one will be great on a 6.8 SBR.

oleblu72
November 03, 2017, 14:13
Yeah Huey I'd like to build a 40 or a 45 AR.

Mark

An attractive option would be a 40 Smith upper to mate with all my SIG 40 caliber mags. At least 40 is major power factor handgun round. Seems to be not as many 40 options nor very popular so likely be more expensive to build. Have had three friends buy 9mm AR's for running with suppressors and lower cost ammo. All three grew bored, moved their cans over to a handgun and traded into a 5.56 rifle. None of them are the stack AR's deep type so prefer just one or two in same caliber but while tried to consolidate down to fewer cartridges, it only lasted about a year and suddenly 22 Noslers are growing like weeds, 6.8's are taking over, 270 AR project almost ready to go, may be going back at the 300 BO for full time subsonic work plus these 45 caliber big bores are getting interesting as a subsonic gun as well.

hueyville
November 05, 2017, 08:27
Would prefer 40 Smith as can double stack rounds easier and still makes major power factor. Also finding the higher pressure 40 with right bullet selection will out penetrate 45 and expand faster and as wide if choose other bullet designs and some do both pretty well. Why after 20 years finally purchased my first double stack 1911 in 40. Found a lightly used 40 Smith 2011 and other than feeling fat in my hands, same ergonomics am used to the most. It has been customized a little and probably going to swap it over to a three chamber compensated IDPA unlimited style carry pistol so have a high capacity major power factor 1911 design for going into places feel are high threat and want capability to run rounds fast with less reloads with same controls I have shot regularly for over 30 years and shoot 350 to 500 rounds of per week.

olgier
November 05, 2017, 09:31
i have a CMMG dedicated 9mm pistol lower. no block.

takes colt, asc, modified uzi mags.

i love shooting it, and have had no hiccups with any ammo i have used.

John A
November 05, 2017, 10:49
My experience is the ASC mags (or maybe the Cproducts--whoever makes the ones that PSA sells with their rollmark on the floorplate), tend to swell when left loaded to capacity.

I went through that with one of the magazines that was swelled so bad, it was nearly impossible to get seated in the magwell.

That's why I prefer to use the IMI Tavor 9mm magazines (They're $8-$10 cheaper than Metalform/Colt, but work exceptionally well).