PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo is for the BIRDS!!

Dean P
June 19, 2002, 21:29
Our internet company merged with Yahoo & it's a mess! We've been without email service since Monday night! We've been locked out of our own email, its worse than a Virus! It's gone all the way to Headquarters about what a mess it is! Hope it gets straightened out soon! We were with SBC Prodigy.net, but Southwestern Bell & all their subsidiaries merged with Yahoo Dial for better service! HA! That's a joke! If we could & not lose our email address, we'd go with another company!

FWRA
June 19, 2002, 21:39
No biggie in the "big picture".

Go cut some trees and maybe read a good book. :D

FWRA

Antares
June 19, 2002, 22:47
Get your own domain name and host your own email server. Never have to worry about changing your email address again!

HankB
June 20, 2002, 07:45
No surprise here. I used to use Mindspring/Earthlink at home, but when their service deteriorated, I fired them and went to SBC Prodigy. It was actually pretty good for a while (as far as dialup service goes) but over time it got slower . . . and slower . . . and slower.

SBC Prodigy totally IGNORED the many, many complaints and reports of problems I filed through their online problem reporting page, and then had the chutzpah to announce a price increase from $19.95 to $21.95 early this year.

So I should accept crappier service and pay more? NOT BLOODY LIKELY! :mad:

So I fired them and moved to EV1 ("Everyone's Internet") for 10 bucks a month.

So far, so good. Right now, I'm happy with my new ISP. But if things change down the road, I'll fire them, too!