PDA

View Full Version : 3 Winchester M14s

ArtBanks
October 25, 2017, 05:59
Keeping up with my like for Winchester rifles.
Center recently added is a Daisy CO2 pellet type Winchester M14.
Top and Bottom are Bula/JRA/USGI Winchester heeled rifles.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x413/nf1e/IMG_1451_zps6l5wkaec.jpg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_1451_zps6l5wkaec.jpg.html)

Semper Fi
Art

Invictus77
October 25, 2017, 10:09
I saw the thread title and poster's name and almost had a heart attack.

Thankfully then realized it was not in the marketplace :facepalm:

Retired Bum
October 25, 2017, 15:17
In Jan 1964 as a young Army trooper newly posted to Frankfurt, Germany I went to the company arms room to be issued a weapons card for a M14 rifle. The armorer told me that I was required to come to the arms room once a month and clean the rifle starting today.

My issue rifle was a new Winchester. The armorer told me that late in 1963 he had turned in all of the old M1 Carbines and ammo for M14's. Every M14 in the arms room was a brand new Winchester and they were consecutively numbered! So I looked at one of the security racks and sure enough they were.

In Dec 1964 my unit was deactivated and I was transferred to Rothwestern in the Fulda River Valley just five klicks from the border with East Germany. I was one of about 40 men who was transferred and we took our Winchester M14's with us.

I only got to shoot the M14 one time while in Frankfurt on a KD range for the annual qualification. At Rothwestern I "qualified" with the M14 ballpoint pen when my platoon sgt dropped the qualification card on my desk and told me to sign it. Not an uncommon occurrence back then I was told....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

maxaks
October 25, 2017, 18:51
Is that the hawk ambi fake selector in the bottom rifle? I looked at there website and got confused on which one to get
Thanks
Dem r some mighty fine looking rifles

ArtBanks
October 25, 2017, 19:15
Is that the hawk ambi fake selector in the bottom rifle? I looked at there website and got confused on which one to get
Thanks
Dem r some mighty fine looking rifles

Yep, that is one of Hawk's Ambies. The top one has one of his kits too, but I used the button on that one. I wanted it to be as much like the Winchester I was issued in Viet Nam as possible.
I have Hawk's kits on over 30 of my builds as of now.

Semper Fi
Art