PDA

View Full Version : AK SBR FA

chino*74
October 25, 2017, 01:07
Here's my goal, SBR, 7.62x39 Full Auto. Walk me through it. I need a stamp for an SBR does that cover the full auto option as well?

aussiedave
October 25, 2017, 05:35
for you as a non ffl sot or importer you will have to drop some serious cash to get a Full Auto AK of any configuration, look at a krinkov for around $25,000.as a starting point. if a gun is full auto you don't need the sbr stamp.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/711239398
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/711591653

PARA FN FAL
October 25, 2017, 13:00
It might be beneficial to go talk to the folks at New Frontier Armory in North Vegas as they have a lawyer that specializes in that paperwork. They should be able to walk you through it. That is what I did years ago for a silencer and it was fairly easy.

chino*74
October 25, 2017, 22:12
OK I will consider it...not paying 25K for a Full Auto. Too bad the whole inventory got capped back when it did. SBR, silencer etc. is doable. Thnx.

John A
October 26, 2017, 10:14
Yeah, there are very few options for full auto.

#1 Gov't/LEO with agency letterhead
#2 Transferable (starting price is currently more than $7000 and goes up to about $60,000 depending on what you want--AK's are starting around 20 grand right now.)
#3 Getting your manufacturer license. Paying Itar and special occupations tax yearly (about $2800 yearly combined), and when you decide you no longer want to keep your manufacturing licenses you get to sell the gun to someone else that has their licenses.

Those are your only 3 choices.

Tuhlmann
October 26, 2017, 11:45
OK I will consider it...not paying 25K for a Full Auto. Too bad the whole inventory got capped back when it did. SBR, silencer etc. is doable. Thnx.

If you skip the full auto feature, you’ll need 2 stamps for your setup. 1 for SBR, and 1 for your suppressor. Suppressor will be portable between firearms, but SBR will be specific to your AK.

ICOM7800
October 26, 2017, 19:14
Buy a full auto rifle.Once you get a MG that is registered and legal anything goes as far as barrel length.Have fun.

chino*74
October 26, 2017, 20:37
I already have a nice AMD-65 with some mods...that is my go to platform for SHTF, if it ever does it's basically a SBR right now just has the perm. attached muzzle brake on it...to make it the legal length.

I really like the AMD platform....actually looking for another one to do some different stuff to. So we'll see, would be nice to get the stamp eventually.

gunplumber
October 31, 2017, 18:01
Too bad the whole inventory got capped back when it did.

Yep, thank the REPUBLICANS. (Reagan)
Also thank the Republicans for the Import Ban (Bush)
And thank the Republicans for the "reinterpretation" to ban receivers and barrels. (Bush Jr's AG Gonzales).

And while you're at it, thank future NRA President Charlston Heston for the Gun Control Act of 1968.

1934 - ok that was the Democrats.

tac-40
October 31, 2017, 20:10
Yep, thank the REPUBLICANS. (Reagan)
Also thank the Republicans for the Import Ban (Bush)
And thank the Republicans for the "reinterpretation" to ban receivers and barrels. (Bush Jr's AG Gonzales).

And while you're at it, thank future NRA President Charlston Heston for the Gun Control Act of 1968.

1934 - ok that was the Democrats.

Picky, picky, picky.:love::rofl: