PDA

View Full Version : Barrel/rec. threads?

frtyfivsevnty
June 19, 2002, 21:23
I just traded some unwanted stuff for a dreaded Hesse receiver.I had a Imbel parts kit with a so- so barrel that is good enough for a beater rifle.I took the hinge pin,mag catch and bolt hold open,gas tube nut,and carry hancle with me when I picked it up to check for proper threading and alignment.Everything fit fine.My question is the barrel only turns in about a quarter turn then gets hard as hell,I could turn it farther if I forced it but didn't want to damage the threads.What would you use to check the threads on the barrel and receiver?The barrel threads do look slightly "blunted " on the peaks. :confused:

bykerhd
June 19, 2002, 21:42
I tried threading a used Imbel barrel into a new DSA receiver and found the same thing. Maybe the threads are out of spec or stretched a bit. The receiver was fine with other metric barrels.

MickeyMouse
June 19, 2002, 22:04
Interesting that Israelie barrels are the ONLY ones with metric threads. Everyting else is something like 1" x 12 TPI. With Hesse, anything is possible (except good quality).

frtyfivsevnty
June 20, 2002, 17:26
Yeah hesse sucks as far as QC goes.I heard they've gotten better so maybe I'll send it back for a new one.This will be my first build so I figured it would be all downhill from this one!:D

dirtshooter
June 20, 2002, 23:25
I think the Izzy is 25mm - 1.5 tpmm (threads per millimeter (sp?))
Other (inch & metric) barrels are 1" - 16 TPI.
People chase Izzy barrel threads with the 16TPI die so it'll go in a receiver.

Not to be snotty or anything, just friendly/informational stuff.