PDA

View Full Version : One of life's great pleasures...

ExCdnSoldierInTx
October 22, 2017, 17:58

gunseller
October 22, 2017, 18:07
I agree. But you are trying to miss half the fun. Going through the grass looking for brass.
Steve

enbloc8
October 22, 2017, 19:28
I agree. But you are trying to miss half the fun. Going through the grass looking for brass.
Steve

I can see that (and have done that) with something like a Nambu...but a .45??

ExCdnSoldierInTx
October 22, 2017, 20:09
I can see that (and have done that) with something like a Nambu...but a .45??

Well, our little range is my wife's little playground for youngsters as well. It wouldn't do well to have a youngster cut his foot on a case.
Plus, we were also shooting 44-40 out of our lever guns and I reload that stuff.

hueyville
October 27, 2017, 08:18
Life's greatest pleasure is a Randall right hand 1911 and left hand 1911 filling both hands and watching the brass fling both directions.

gunseller
October 27, 2017, 13:25
I have grandkids and would gladly kill any one or thing that even looks like it was going to hurt one of them. For this reason you are forgiven for the tarp. Continue firing.
Steve

Stoney
October 27, 2017, 16:34
Ex with a body like that you would fit right in a Harvard :D

ExCdnSoldierInTx
October 28, 2017, 17:24
Ex with a body like that you would fit right in a Harvard :D

At the last freight haulers reunion, a few smart asses said I loved and my old ride so much I decided to take on its physical persona :biggrin:
I guess I grew to appreciate it.
And yes, I fit quite nicely in a T-6. Hehehe

ExCdnSoldierInTx
October 28, 2017, 17:26
The tarp is mostly so we don't need to look...

Stoney
October 29, 2017, 14:37
You and I are close to the same size, that's how I know you'd fit

ExCdnSoldierInTx
October 29, 2017, 14:51
Amen Brother, Amen. I fit a T-28 as well, but these old knees have a hard time scaling that wall.

hueyville
October 30, 2017, 09:44
The tarp is mostly so we don't need to look...

Shoot most of my 1911's indoors so it's just a matter of sweeping the floor but if outdoors tarp would have to be a little more forward as with my ejectors and tuned extractors most of my 1911's (except original old collector pistols that would be a disservice to alter or shoot too much) pile the brass up between 2:00 and 4:00 o'clock. Don't need brass bouncing off my head or falling down front of my shirt. Plus putting original ejector and extractor in box so don't break extractor helps ensure gun is 100% factory if makes an issue on value down the road. Just remove the tuned parts and put originals back in place.

ExCdnSoldierInTx
October 31, 2017, 11:27
Most of what se shoot out there is 1911s and cowboy guns: 1800s revolvers, and 1800s leverguns. The levers eject straight up, and the revolver stuff goes in the pocket.
Mostly cowboy guns. Truthfully, the tarp is there because most of us are old and crippled up. It's easy to pick brass (or have kids pick brass) off a tarp.
My C1 chucks it's brass an easy 15 ft, as do most ARs and AKs.
I'm not much worried about those, but the 44-40 and 45LC, I reload, so I'm all about keeping them.
We built ourselves a fine little shooting spot there, perfect for us old coots. We have a big ol' Oak tree to lounge under, and a couple steel tables to place our stuff on. Plenty of high level thinking and planning goes on there.

besides, my crossdraw makes me look like a badass. :D