PDA

View Full Version : Colt AR15 SP1 Lower Receiver Value?

Casqui1541
October 22, 2017, 13:13
What's the real world value on a Colt AR15 SP1 slab side lower receiver with original internals and pistol grip. Does not include receiver extension, buffer, buttostock or the large diameter double-headed screw pivot pin. Original buffer retainer and spring included. I believe this one is 1978 era. Thank you.

meltblown
October 22, 2017, 13:34
Slab side lower?

burtman
October 22, 2017, 13:43
Slab side lower?

Raised area substituting for partial fence or fully fenced also considered original configuration

meltblown
October 22, 2017, 14:06
Raised area substituting for partial fence or fully fenced also considered original configuration

IC. Always wondered what that meant. Appreciate it. Always thought it was the upper w/o the forward assist.

hueyville
October 22, 2017, 14:18
Paying $25 for Mforgeries and $33 for billet current manufacture. Give you $100 and pay all fees plus shipping. Hehe. Have an A1 upper with original triangular handguards to make a complete rifle. Maybe loan you an upper and original stock then can sell complete preban rifle and cut me in on fair percentage if that doesn't land us in prison. Have no idea what just an SP1 lower is worth in ban state.

lockjaw
October 22, 2017, 15:36
A 1978 SP-1 lower receiver in decent condition will sell for around $1000 on Gunbroker, especially with states like CT on the way to closing the door on any legal transfers. I wouldn't be surprised to see the receiver sell for more considering the current political climate in ban states.

If you sell straight up on a forum site like AR15.com, you might get $850 for it... you have nothing to lose by tossing it on Gunbroker. Makes sure that you take goods pix. The receiver WILL sell.

VALMET
October 22, 2017, 16:24
+1 to what lockjaw said. Estimates sound about right and GB is a good place to establish real value as opposed to perceived value.

hueyville
October 22, 2017, 17:36
There went my $100 SP1 lower and I seldom pay more that $33 these days... Good advice, set minimum willing to accept and let the market decide value. Would not be suprised to see it bring close to a grand. Kicking myself for all the SP1's traded like marbles on a playground 25 years ago but didn't have a crystal ball.

Casqui1541
October 22, 2017, 18:49
Thank you all.