PDA

View Full Version : < $400.00 Andersons

SAFN49
October 16, 2017, 17:02
Well prices are still falling.....

http://www.cabelas.com/product/ANDERSON-MFG-AM-OPTIC-READY-CENTERFIRE-RIFLE/2392846.uts?avad=55963_efc63a9d&WT.mc_id=al41227&Subid1=SID&subacctid=41227&subacctname=41227&adname=Custom+Link&adtype=cl&adid=NA&utm_medium=AFF&utm_source=41227&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF

Invictus77
October 16, 2017, 17:13
I built several on Anderson lowers and never saw a problem. Trigger group can be iffy, but how can you beat a brand new rARfle that works for under 4 Benjies :love:

yellowhand
October 16, 2017, 17:53
Saw one the other day, CDNN,??? listed for 369.00 WOW!

Trumpster looses, these things will be like 99.00 new STg kits.

Picked up some 59.00 complete BCG's the other day, still can't believe it, even had free shipping.

At these prices, it will become the American rifle for sure.

JerrySexton
October 16, 2017, 18:59
I built several on Anderson lowers and never saw a problem. Trigger group can be iffy, but how can you beat a brand new rARfle that works for under 4 Benjies :love:

The stripped lowers are GTG (I've used several) but their LPK's leave a little to be desired. I was having trouble with my bolt catch binding up. I fixed it once by filing it a little and then it happened again. I switched in a new one and after a few mags, it happened again. I switched to an LBE brand bolt catch and the problem went away. I took an example of each to work and checked the hardness. The LBE brand checked HRc 40 or so. The Anderson catch was so soft it wouldn't read on the Rockwell C tester. :uhoh:

Not sure if it's the same one they use in their in house builds.

W.E.G.
October 16, 2017, 22:36
If you are young, and you have room to store them, you could turn a profit if the timing works out right, and you have the energy to to deal with the whole thing.

You might come out a few thousand dollars ahead.

Assuming it doesn't become illegal on a national level to transfer an "assault weapon" without having a license.

I'm retired from the flipping game.
A bit of a relief it is. With a taste of ennui.

hueyville
October 17, 2017, 06:23
Did an inventory over weekend, 23 lowers, 21 uppers, 19 barrels with two incoming so many BCG's and trigger groups just separated by piles. Counted stocks, forearms and other parts and can do 16 total builds with parts in stock and easily could scrounge up a few odds and ends to finish two dozen builds over the winter spending just a few bucks. Finished some builds over past couple weeks and realized another vault is necessary to house them and a few others that won't fit in current vaults. May stop building for a while, as once assembled vault storage is necessary. Drag two more vaults in the house and wife will have me sleeping with them. Have two office safes of lowers (and FAL uppers) safe full of uppers, third with BCG's, triggers, sights and scopes. All small stuff in bins.

May pull uppers and square then replace. Pull triggers and run all across hammer and sear jig. Swap upgraded bolts into BCG's or swap out extractors in decent bolts with MIM extractors. Basically prep all parts for builds and keep them labeled as to what mates with what and leave them in the small safes unassembled. Parts keep getting cheaper and know will keep buying as super deals pop up. Noticed Midway had their Stoner triggers half price at $24.99 but can still get Colt complete fire control systems for $19.99. Found a pair of Noveske new in box unbuilt barrels at fair price and had to buy and will build into personal rifles quickly as never had a Noveske barrel that didn't shoot a hole at 100 rather than a group.

Every time I find a new deal am questioning do I keep buying but to have the lowers logged into system on 4473's, rest of parts to finish at some point (20 minutes after a Democrat wins Presidential Election or sworn in) will likely be kicking myself for not buying more. Have a rifle considering putting up for sale now, after sorting out first trip to range, fired three 5/8" groups back to back with factory ammo. Pulled scope, cleaned put in vault with test targets and 30 round total count. Too nice to sit and been in vault two years but have others like much better and turned down a couple strong offers in past for it. Think will put a nice wrap on it, consign with LGS and see what happens. $400 to $500 rifles have stalled but $1,200 and up are rolling out door regular as clock work. May be time to finish the FAL's collecting dust and stop reading the emails from vendors on weekend specials.

Find it interesting so many rifles sold without sights now. Buying sights and optics are the most expensive items of a build now unless do premium barrel and BCG.

Falfan2017
October 17, 2017, 08:32
Did an inventory over weekend, 23 lowers, 21 uppers, 19 barrels with two incoming so many BCG's and trigger groups just separated by piles. Counted stocks, forearms and other parts and can do 16 total builds with parts in stock and easily could scrounge up a few odds and ends to finish two dozen builds over the winter spending just a few bucks. Finished some builds over past couple weeks and realized another vault is necessary to house them and a few others that won't fit in current vaults. May stop building for a while, as once assembled vault storage is necessary. Drag two more vaults in the house and wife will have me sleeping with them. Have two office safes of lowers (and FAL uppers) safe full of uppers, third with BCG's, triggers, sights and scopes. All small stuff in bins.

May pull uppers and square then replace. Pull triggers and run all across hammer and sear jig. Swap upgraded bolts into BCG's or swap out extractors in decent bolts with MIM extractors. Basically prep all parts for builds and keep them labeled as to what mates with what and leave them in the small safes unassembled. Parts keep getting cheaper and know will keep buying as super deals pop up. Noticed Midway had their Stoner triggers half price at $24.99 but can still get Colt complete fire control systems for $19.99. Found a pair of Noveske new in box unbuilt barrels at fair price and had to buy and will build into personal rifles quickly as never had a Noveske barrel that didn't shoot a hole at 100 rather than a group.

Every time I find a new deal am questioning do I keep buying but to have the lowers logged into system on 4473's, rest of parts to finish at some point (20 minutes after a Democrat wins Presidential Election or sworn in) will likely be kicking myself for not buying more. Have a rifle considering putting up for sale now, after sorting out first trip to range, fired three 5/8" groups back to back with factory ammo. Pulled scope, cleaned put in vault with test targets and 30 round total count. Too nice to sit and been in vault two years but have others like much better and turned down a couple strong offers in past for it. Think will put a nice wrap on it, consign with LGS and see what happens. $400 to $500 rifles have stalled but $1,200 and up are rolling out door regular as clock work. May be time to finish the FAL's collecting dust and stop reading the emails from vendors on weekend specials.

Find it interesting so many rifles sold without sights now. Buying sights and optics are the most expensive items of a build now unless do premium barrel and BCG.

You ought to look into the ghost gun finisher. Then you can buy a 50 pack of lowers with no 4473.

JerrySexton
October 18, 2017, 05:34
You ought to look into the ghost gun finisher. Then you can buy a 50 pack of lowers with no 4473.

I think his whole point is to get them on 4473's.

hueyville
October 18, 2017, 08:44
Yes, want all of my rifles with 4473's and serial numbers. Have a nice mill, complete set of 80% jigs, at one time purchased a dozen very nice billet 80% lowers macined from German made T7 aluminum blanks. Finished out two for grins, stamped serial numbers for grins and then was a little crest where price in 80% lowers jumped and sold remaining ten unfinished. For most part 80% cost more than quality finished lowers. Last thing I want is a visit by BATFE to inspect all the NFA items and see a couple dozen unserialized AR's.

Some day can see that loophole closed (like 48 hours after a Vegas type event with a pile of 80% rfiles built by convicted felon) and do not want the headache of serial numbering and paying LGS to 4473 all of them. That day will come unless they sank in a boating accident but will have to remain on bottom of lake. Am not building rifles for resale, build them for myself but on occasion lose interest in a build or have one of my intermediate builds that shoots very well and can convert into enough cash to build three more. Sold mostly preban AK's and SKS's during Sandy Hook which were purchased on yellow sheets and two AR 15's. All went through LGS and if buyer unwilling to pay LGS $25 for background check and rifle goes from my posession to LGS's book then to new owner on 4473 it is not sold.

Sold my mom a pair of AR's recently (why she is collecting AR's at 77 years old is beyond me) for $1 each on a FTF bill of sale. Give wife a gun almost every Christmas without paperwork but stays logged into my book and in our house except when she carries but again, totally legal as heir to all, named as trustee in all NFA Trusts, etc. Put AR in sons safe along with other guns but did $1 bill of sales and logged where they went in my personal records. Put three in my brothers safe exactly the same way for each of his three kids. Take guns, record keeping and security seriously. Most are in quality safes, ones out of safes in house are for home defense, behind force rated entry doors, hurricane rated windows with ballistic liners and dual alarm systems with four different methods of monitoring. For the people putting these WiFi based install yourself alarms, devices for sale to jam the frequency they communicate on, can download plans from internet to jam them or use a wide band frequency jammer to wipe them and gain entry to structure without alert.

Have some darn nasty weapons that do not need to be in criminal hands. Binary SBR's, binary full size rifles, Slidefire, Class 3 NFA, suppressors and anything am legally allowed to acquire and can afford. Do not need a thief getting out of house with just a few weapons not in vault. Next to each bed is steel lock that would take 5 minutes with tools to defeat are binary with suppressors, battle rifles, night vision scoped with suppressors, etc. Under pillow is a SIG Tacops TB with suppressor and the list goes on. What if had 80% set up in binary with specialty ammo go missing? Assume cops would be just a little upset when told them a few AR's with Franklin triggers, no serial numbers along with a few 1,000 round cans of M855 went with them and possibly a suppressed M10 or M11 and a suppressed 45 pistol.

Build 45's which could be done on 80% frames as well. Want no part of them as have zip to hide and if stolen and recovered, a reported gun with manufacturer name and serial is much more likely to be returned in Georgia than a 80% with no numbers. Guarantee any 80% recovered stolen firearms will either see the incinerator or go home with a cop. Looking down the road a generation or two, not my current convienence of getting a few undocumented rifles over on the man. Have too much NFA to let some oddball rule change and a forgotten 80% stuck in the rafters or closet get it all confiscated. Call me chicken or whatever but made the decision to keep good records and not FTF to strangers by age 21. If Hitlary had won presidency something tells me Slidefire, binary, 80%, high capacity magazines and more would all be gone legally via executive order. Think long term and best way to color in the lines. My guess is there is a big fat file somewhere with my name and to date a smiley face instead of frowny face on it.

Every local LGS was audited by BATFE this year. So happened had an order with a dozen AR lowers come in while they were in the shop sorting through 4473's. Walked in back, picked up the two boxes of lowers to have manager enter all the serials onto 4473 had just completed. While he typed in a dozen serials discussed with the BATFE auditors. They were very nice, polite and mentioned they had noticed my name regularly showing up on forms at three LGS's. Many with multiple serials per form. Also saw name on Form 4's and had even accessed database to see Form 1's and such from way back. Said they put very low priority on collectors. When asked about the occasional sale of a build grown bored with through LGS as consignment said that is exactly how they like things done and if a rifle built and sold was found at crime scene or in hands of perp law enforcement would follow it back to LGS who last had a 4473 on it, not me.

Folks that want a pile of 80% piled back, good for them. Do what makes you happy if legal but if laws change don't get all mad. Right now have five new binary triggers knowing there is a chance BATFE may change opinion on them. Next week may be illegal and have to destroy or turn in. That would suck but would rather do so than risk a felony charge or five. Soon as Franklin starts shipping the binary trigger packs for HK's will have at least one of them at $600 knowing may have to feed to the smelter some day. Like insurance, property tax, permits, inspections, trade licensing, etc, do not want one blip to garner any "special" attention on myself or family. YMMV