PDA

View Full Version : Quick question...

jhend170
October 16, 2017, 11:22
Local auction house has a couple of nice clean G3 kits going across the block. Wondering what the going price is at the moment since I have ZERO experience with them, but want to fill out the .308 Battle rifle trifecta (FAL, M1a, G3). So what should I expect to pay for a kit in nice condition with great bore?

TIA

eyegun
October 16, 2017, 12:09
Local auction house has a couple of nice clean G3 kits going across the block. Wondering what the going price is at the moment since I have ZERO experience with them, but want to fill out the .308 Battle rifle trifecta (FAL, M1a, G3). So what should I expect to pay for a kit in nice condition with great bore?

TIA

In the past $600 was what you could expect to pay for a good FMP kit with an excellent original bore.

Since PTR has been pumping out decent rifles for the price they are at, kit building G3's has taken a downturn. I wouldn't pay more than $400 at this point for a kit.

jhend170
October 16, 2017, 13:17
In the past $600 was what you could expect to pay for a good FMP kit with an excellent original bore.

Since PTR has been pumping out decent rifles for the price they are at, kit building G3's has taken a downturn. I wouldn't pay more than $400 at this point for a kit.

Ok thanks for the info. Just nice to know where to cap yourself at, including buyers premium and such.

While asking where would you recommend sourcing a receiver, were I to win one of them at a price I can tolerate?

Blackwing
October 17, 2017, 09:51
You're looking at a custom build at this point. I don't think PTR is selling straight receivers to the public anymore. Sarco may have a few left in stock or contact PCS for a build as he has some receivers in stock also (doesn't sell separately).

djfin
October 17, 2017, 15:48
Atlantic firearms is selling the receivers for $279.00. Out of stock now but they’re on the way

michael_g927
October 18, 2017, 21:32
I am told that when the new owners of PTR took over, there are no more recievers being sold.