PDA

View Full Version : WTK DPMS Panther value

308/223shooter
October 15, 2017, 17:08
I am not a AR guy, however I have nib Panther that needs to find a new home. Any of you AR experts have value on one of these things?

nwobhm
October 15, 2017, 17:59
This one:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/70770/redirect

If yes, they sell around $400 on GB....I have watched a few go in the high $300's.

hueyville
October 16, 2017, 09:36
I am not a AR guy, however I have nib Panther that needs to find a new home. Any of you AR experts have value on one of these things?

New Home = two 36" sections of 8" PVC pipe with end caps plus 2,400 rounds of ammo and dozen magazines. Dig two 54" post holes, drop in vertically then plant those rose bushes or Japanese Maples wife has been nagging you about.

I like to plant Magnolia acuminata (hearty and tolerant Magnolia tree) with plenty of room for roots to spread and tap root to dive for center of planet. On east coast Magnolia trees grow from Florida up to Canada, very cold and heat tolerant, green and provide cover year round including dead of winter and in mid elevations from North GA to VA examples are known in the 300 to 350 year old range. Chose to show tree to nephew and niece and tell them if dot gov has a scrap metal drive, then world goes sideways, Uncle Huey may have lost something under the tree.

Advised that they never disturb but when their kids are old enough, pick a couple that are level headed, tell them about Crazy Uncle Huey and for them to do same with their kids. Hoping since property has been with family since Georgia was a Colony, it will stay in family. If sold, informed are to know tree has to be cut and stump dug before closing. When AK's were $125 didn't do the best job keeping up with them, gave a lot away and even lost a few. At $400 new AR's are like selling stocks at bottom of market swing. Under a bush if prices were to climb then not difficult to extract but if decided wanted a hedge against mandatory scrap metal drive it can sit for decades. If paranoid like me can put PVC inside of larger PVC for double or triple seal.

pre1989
October 16, 2017, 11:00
Second to above at this point you cant give a AR esp a chepo commerical job away ..Just keep it as a rainy day gun or for trade bait

I mean even middle and upper end AR can be had for 500-600 or less ..I have seen DPMS at 400 or less BNIB for most

hueyville
October 16, 2017, 12:53
We ran an all aluminum upper and lower receiver AR with free float forearm on sale at LGS for new in box at $349 plus Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x for $249 with purchase of any AR so and free mounting if purchased scope and rifle. $600 out the door with an AR a decent lifetime warranty electronic fighting scope. Couple of months ago had so many plastic forearm bargain rifles sitting gathering dust no mater how far marked them down pulled several off wall, removed Delta ring, front sight block and replaced with free float forearm and low profile gas block just to get people to pick them up.

If bring a nice condition AR in for sale to store what able to offer upsets most people. We generally say overstocked, not buying so don't offend a client. That said watched a $2,400 SIG MCX and a couple of $1,200 and above Daniel Defense AR's sell to happy clients. Neither LGS will buy home builds at any price now. On occasion an employee buys used one just to rob parts off if seller is desperate. Selling lower tier AR's around here means taking a pretty good hit unless your just plain lucky or built them cheap. Try to keep my entry level builds around $200 cost now or doesn't make sense to build them.

JerrySexton
October 16, 2017, 19:16
$429 at Cabellas. (http://www.cabelas.com/product/DPMS-Oracle-Semiautomatic-Tactical-Rifles/1143595.uts)