PDA

View Full Version : Convert 226 9mm DAO to SA/DA

2barearms
October 15, 2017, 16:41
Can I convert my 226 DAO to a SA/DA.....myself or do I have to send it back
To Sig?

pl521
October 15, 2017, 17:25
Yes. I converted a Sig 228. Had to replace hammer and the decocker (bearing, spring and lever. Can get parts from Numrich.

Here is a thread describing procedure.

http://sigtalk.com/#/topics/23203

MAINER
October 16, 2017, 11:50
You can handle this. :devil: I did a P229 with parts from Brownell's for about $75.00. The job wasn't bad, but I was not all that familiar with Sigs so it took me longer than the experts.

No alterations to the pistol were needed, just changing the hammer and installing the Decocking lever parts. The required holes were already in place and the Grips had the clearance cut for the lever.

The DAK models are not so easy from what I read about it.

2barearms
October 16, 2017, 20:48
You can handle this. :devil: I did a P229 with parts from Brownell's for about $75.00. The job wasn't bad, but I was not all that familiar with Sigs so it took me longer than the experts.

No alterations to the pistol were needed, just changing the hammer and installing the Decocking lever parts. The required holes were already in place and the Grips had the clearance cut for the lever.

The DAK models are not so easy from what I read about it.

I was looking at Numerich for the parts but all their stuff is surplus. Somehow I ended up with a decocker but need the pivot plate spring and hammer. Slow said
He would help me do it.

W.E.G.
October 16, 2017, 22:28
The next guy won't pay a premium for a converted gun.

So, if you do it, do it for YOU and only you.

And guns such as this appear in your rear view mirror sooner than you might expect.

2barearms
October 17, 2017, 22:10
The next guy won't pay a premium for a converted gun.

So, if you do it, do it for YOU and only you.

And guns such as this appear in your rear view mirror sooner than you might expect.

Yayaya

MAINER
October 18, 2017, 10:44
I was looking at Numerich for the parts but all their stuff is surplus. Somehow I ended up with a decocker but need the pivot plate spring and hammer. Slow said
He would help me do it.

Brownies; Parts were ordered for a P229, but believe they will fit any P model.
732-000-133WB $44.99 Hammer
732-000-029WB $4.99 Dec. lever spring
732-000-028WB $8.99 Dec. lever bushing
732-000-023WB $15.99 Dec lever

You might find a cheaper hammer somewhere, but I didn't want to buy a "Pig in a poke". New is good.

WEG, I don't know how anyone would know if it's converted or not. Nothing is modified and the pistols are built with the same frames with the DAO models just lacking the Decock Lever, bushing, and spring and equipped with the DAO hammer.