One mag no extras SP serial number
Yes Colt off size pin non push button style

Lucky he lives 2 1/2 hours away so I stopped myself from making a
5 hour round trip to the Canadian boarder dang near

https://i.imgur.com/4G6XplX.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PMYee7z.jpg?1

D P Six
October 15, 2017, 18:11
Probably OK if you want the Colt pony and related markings. Probably comes with the off sized FCP's and non push pin front takedown.

michael_g927
October 15, 2017, 19:34
Those are the very reasons i havnt owned a Colt in 25 years.

hueyville
October 16, 2017, 08:43
I would try to negotiate a bit, partial trade but the pony and SP serial number adds value. Have you nailed down year of manufacture? At $650 to $700 would not even blink. At $800 would start asking questions like round count ("you don't know how many rounds down bore?"), mention the odd non standard issues and whittle seller down as much as can making sure knows you have cash in pocket and take it home. Always a market for pony guns and always will be.

lockjaw
October 16, 2017, 14:57
$800 is an excellent deal for that rifle at 85%. If the rifle was local, I would jump on it in a heartbeat. Add the value of your time to the asking price. I wouldn't drive five hours for it at that price.

The lower receiver on that Sporter II will be smooth slab.

gew98
October 16, 2017, 15:44
Saw two complete all colt A2 barreled uppers that looked new/near new. Ridiculous price of $900 each. Saw one near new A1 complete upper assembly - $85...yeah right... nosebleed pricing there.

lockjaw
October 16, 2017, 17:16
Saw two complete all colt A2 barreled uppers that looked new/near new. Ridiculous price of $900 each. Saw one near new A1 complete upper assembly - $85...yeah right... nosebleed pricing there.

Respectfully, you appear to be out of touch with the current "retro" AR market. A stripped factory Colt A1 upper receiver in serviceable conditionon sells for $200+. If it is an earlier 604 receiver, that price can be doubled. Heck, an early port cover sells for $50+.

A factory Colt USGI A2 upper is damned hard to come by, especially in excellent+ condition. They are harder to find than A1. There are a lot of prior service soldiers looking to clone the rifles they carried in the sand boxes. $900 might be a little steep, but good luck finding an excellent example at any price. $700 is very reasonable. Just a to add, I am talking about USGI, not something rolled together from donor parts, large hole Sporter II uppers, or neutered uppers from the AWB era.

I see a lot of gripes gripe about the current market.. I think they are just jaded because they missed the boat.

SAFN49
October 16, 2017, 17:34
There are a lot of prior service soldiers looking to clone the rifles they carried in the sand boxes. $900 might be a little steep

Colt still makes runs of AR15A4 (M16A3 or A4 depending on the branch you were in) like used in the sand box. They sell out quickly when available at $1095.

meltblown
October 16, 2017, 19:24
They were $700 back then. Not too bad a deal if I had cash laying around

12v71
October 16, 2017, 20:28
$800 is an excellent deal for that rifle at 85%. If the rifle was local, I would jump on it in a heartbeat. Add the value of your time to the asking price. I wouldn't drive five hours for it at that price.

The lower receiver on that Sporter II will be smooth slab.

I'm in agreement with this. If I had the bucks... :)

i

W.E.G.
October 16, 2017, 22:26
There are still some states (Mass. Conn., and for some reason - Nevada) where "pre-ban" still commands a significant premium.

Launch it on GB with good pics and description.

You'll get paid.

dashaus
October 16, 2017, 23:40
Spoke with owner
I going drive up on Saturday morning
Something to do what the heck

Little farther than a Sunday drive
going to see 12v71

12v71
October 17, 2017, 00:14
Spoke with owner

going to see 12v71

It's a real SP, That funky front screw kinda proves that. I would have no problem with the price to put it in my safe. If I had the bucks at the moment I would be on this like a chicken on a Junebug. :biggrin:

lockjaw
October 18, 2017, 12:44
Colt still makes runs of AR15A4 (M16A3 or A4 depending on the branch you were in) like used in the sand box. They sell out quickly when available at $1095.

Different beast. These are A4. Even so, they are not correct for USGI as the civie version has M4 feed ramps (USGI does not). There are other altered details as well. Even so, these are fine rifles for the $$$ (I own one!).

lockjaw
October 18, 2017, 13:41
Spoke with owner

going to see 12v71

So, how did it turn out?