PSA 5.56 Nitride MPI/HPT Full-Auto Bolt Carrier Group - 516447010

with free shipping.

Dayem. What is this 1990?

Gary104
October 10, 2017, 22:28
Already out of stock, of course.

yellowhand
October 11, 2017, 02:33
Got one in Monday from an order 10 days ago when on sale, its nice, 59.00 shipped.:wink:

CDNN had a complete AR for 369.00, yep, ain;t seen prices like this in 20 plus years, enjoy while it last.

fnogger
October 11, 2017, 12:35
Got one in Monday from an order 10 days ago when on sale, its nice, 59.00 shipped.:wink:

CDNN had a complete AR for 369.00, yep, ain;t seen prices like this in 20 plus years, enjoy while it last.

Even in 1990/91 wholesale on an Olympic CAR style carbine was $500

yellowhand
October 11, 2017, 16:29
Even in 1990/91 wholesale on an Olympic CAR style carbine was $500

Most likely!

Got a couple of OLY lowers, built my first rifles on them, damn they were awful, :o hardly anything fit together without a lot of file work to mate surfaces.

Uppers and lowers would not close, not even come close.:facepalm:

Those were the good old days for sure!;)

fnogger
October 11, 2017, 16:35
Most likely!

Got a couple of OLY lowers, built my first rifles on them, damn they were awful, :o hardly anything fit together without a lot of file work to mate surfaces.

Uppers and lowers would not close, not even come close.:facepalm:

Those were the good old days for sure!;)

I had one. No issues with it, accurate with that cheap cat piss smelling Norinco ammo that was dirt cheap by the 1600 round case. FFL buddy got one for me, $525 to his door with shipping.

yellowhand
October 11, 2017, 17:18
I had one. No issues with it, accurate with that cheap cat piss smelling Norinco ammo that was dirt cheap by the 1600 round case. FFL buddy got one for me, $525 to his door with shipping.

You was rich!:rofl:
Whole rifle and ammo by case, shit, adopt me back then.:love:

Got a lower, "found" some extra parts, mags at work, :whistling:
Bought all the pieces Johnny Cash style, one part at a time, and then worked to get it all together and running, some what.:smile:

Still got those first rifles.:biggrin:

hueyville
October 11, 2017, 20:25
Have an Oly next to bed in rack. XM 177 moderator clone with tritium sights. On its third barrel, third bolt, second bolt carrier and would walk into almost any fight with the little buzz saw. Putting a Franklin Binary Trigger in it soon. Ordered another yesterday at a bargain. Will be an even better clone with binary fire third position selector.

ftierson
October 11, 2017, 21:15
Before we wander too far, these BCGs are back in stock at PSA...

Forrest

ftierson
October 12, 2017, 00:08
Still got 'em if you want 'em...

Forrest

aquaman
October 12, 2017, 12:42
Eh... I'm going to throw a bit of a wet blanket on this deal with my experiences. I've had great results with what they call the "premium BCG".

However, when I tried this more affordable BCG I had issues first with the extractor spring being too weak out of the box. And later with the extractor itself wearing prematurely.

Perhaps my experience is a on time thing but I don't consider this BCG a value as you will likely have to spend some more $ to get it to work reliably.

ftierson
October 14, 2017, 10:16
Back in stock, but this time with a Carpenter 158 bolt...

Forrest

hueyville
October 14, 2017, 19:20
I am starting to burn out on deals but right now several vendors are reducing inventory on 22 Nosler specific parts and ammunition. Apparently an over bore cartridge with throat life of 1,000 to 2,000 rounds that lobs expensive ammunition is only finding homes with us that have a specific need for near 22-250 performance in an AR size rifle and willing to either keep round count low or rebarrel often. Can't pass up some of the ammunition deals as able to get premium loaded ammo as cheap as unprimed brass was till recently. Havimg three built and a fouth barrel I need 22 Nosler ammo but about 5,000 rounds will be all needed to,smoke all four bores. Wonder what's next in line to try and hook the AR crowd, heard a couple guys talking about the Sharps 25-45 but as much as I like quarter bores (one of my favorite calibers) the 25-45 does nothing really better than 5.56 or 6.8.

Personally think Nosler is missing the boat with 22 and 30 Nosler. Change it to 6mm bore and let us float 115 grain DTAC's or the 6.8 need to be necked down to 6mm. Know plenty of people wildcatting in these ranges but we need a factory round with SAAMI standard based on which of these proves to have best inherent accuracy. No sense in trying 6.5 as it will not be enough different than 6.8 on either case since overall capacity is virtually the same on both. A 6.5 or 6.8 Nosler would basically be a 6.8 in different cloths. 6.8 spc II case capacity in water at overflow is 36.9 grams and 22 Nosler is 36 grams. For comparison 5.56 holds 31 at overflow but with powder both hold 25% to 28% more propellant than 5.56. 6.8 to 6.5 is no real change. 6mm has been such a proven bore for accuracy I see it as the next progression on one of the two cases.

But as much as I like quarter bores and they missed with the 25-45 Sharps by not blowing out the case and changing neck angle closer to 30 degrees it is lackluster. The 22 Nosler or 6.8 in 6mm or 25 caliber with SAAMI acceptance might have me ordering a barrel and dies. Cannot believe I am even discussing a new AR cartridge but the idea of more mass than 5.56 with similar trajectory seems like the natural progression. Rumor is the 257 spc has been submitted to SAAMI which if true I may finally get my quarter bore AR. Said it has a 2,800 fps muzzle velocity with 117 grain 257 SST and stays supersonic past 800 yards. That might just be a fun little round if gets factory backing.

ftierson
October 14, 2017, 19:31
I am starting to burn out on deals...

FIFY, huey, without quoting it all...

And, for those of you who do want an inexpensive BCG with a C158 bolt, they're still in stock at PSA...

Forrest