PDA

View Full Version : Archangel stock (?)

Snake Bitten
October 09, 2017, 17:18
Get's decent reviews from various sites. Most negative reviews are regarding the fitting. I'm OK with that concern, any other concerns/comments would be appreciated? Thanks, SB

gunshack
October 09, 2017, 18:44
Looks like a fugly piece of shit to me. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

ArtBanks
October 10, 2017, 04:32
I kinda agree with Gunshack on this one.
They are a poor attempt to look like a JAE chassis.

Eyeguy
October 10, 2017, 07:59
I purchased an M1A loaded with the archangel stock several years ago. Agree it doesn't have the appeal of a good piece of walnut but if you're going to mount optics it's not a bad way to go. Fit overall was good but did have to relieve the handguards to eliminate contact with the lower stock. Grip is on the large side but fits my hand well. Be aware that the stock can "shrink" over time if separated from the receiver. Archangel is aware of this and provides a sizing block to install to maintain spec in the receiver well if you leave it unmounted for any length of time. SA didn't provide the sizing block but archangel sent mine free of charge on request.

FWIW I went with the Bassett Machine picatinny rail scope mount package for my M1A. Simple to mount with no modification to the receiver and has consistently returned to zero when removed and remounted. Bassett's daughter runs the business now. How could you not be happy buying from a gun gal named Bren!!