PDA

View Full Version : my FAL

d745
October 08, 2017, 10:52
with all that is going on i dug out the L1A1 i had put away since i think about 2010...it is in great shape......can i get a bump stock for it????

1911Ron
October 08, 2017, 11:03
with all that is going on i dug out the L1A1 i had put away since i think about 2010...it is in great shape......can i get a bump stock for it????

:facepalm:

4x401
October 08, 2017, 14:05
:facepalm:

I see your :facepalm:, and raise you :rolleyes::rolleyes:....

meltblown
October 08, 2017, 14:10
Nope. Never seen one. The recoil tube is angled.

308/223shooter
October 08, 2017, 17:30

Why would you want one? On FA, the SLR/FAL isn't real practical. Unless you just want to waste ammo making a ton of noise.

d745
October 09, 2017, 04:50
thank you for the answers,,, i didn't think about the angled recoil spring...and i agree it kicks like a mule,,, i find if you lean into it you can control really good....maybe a 3 or 4 round burst.....i was just asking...

hardass
October 09, 2017, 06:41
Get a Hellfire / Tac trigger for it ..same principle

Slaughter
October 09, 2017, 07:30
I thought he was kidding (at first)

You must be making too much money if you want to operate a machine that consumes about $6 each second that the fun switch is enabled!

I think you'd be better with a good headset hooked up to your sound player and some HEAVY METAL roaring in your ears as you pull the trigger. You'll feel just as bad-assed and for a whole lot less money!

D.Brown
October 10, 2017, 07:38
d745

Bump firing is just inviting an out of battery event. I would not want to experience a .308 out of battery detonation.

If you want the additional excitement of anticipating failure, it would be ridiculously easy to create a bump fire stock for a para fal.

michael_g927
October 10, 2017, 08:44
Back in the 90' we used to hip fire with the middle finger. Those guns wiuld dump mag after mag. Then would come the failure. The bolts would break right at the extractor. So we kept $75 bolts handy for "quick" fixes. Back then head space meant nothing to us.
I always felt the broken bolts were because of out of battery ignition.

jhend170
October 10, 2017, 11:15
You can quite literally do it on a "shoestring" budget, no special stocks needed at all.

All the blabber about banning the stocks when the concept is stupid easy to reproduce sans anything special.

Johnaski
October 10, 2017, 11:59
I have a bump fire stock for your FAL I'll sell you. It is made of a special lightweight plastic polymer that no layman would understand and is precision machined to your receiver. By removing some receiver length this will ensure a rapid bumpfire experience. You"ll have to use special snipers' ammo to prevent out of battery explosions, 1000% guarenteed. All for the special low price (considering the time and materials) of $3500

Ps if this guy that sounds like punglumber tries to refute this just ignore him.....

Pps no there will be no tests done to validate the claims of my uberfaleleventyone bumpski stock.

pppss will not work with ds-eh mags or receivers

:p

madrad62
October 11, 2017, 08:16
I wonder if I can find a bumpfire stock that my old lady will fit into?

Slaughter
October 12, 2017, 07:36
I thought you said BUMFIRE!

http://www.welikeviral.com/files/2014/11/weird-facts-15.jpg

oleblu72
October 12, 2017, 13:05
I thought you said BUMFIRE!

http://www.welikeviral.com/files/2014/11/weird-facts-15.jpg

Kinda reminds me of the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles.

Mark

W.E.G.
October 12, 2017, 15:45
The Bump Stock is the spinner-wheels of the gun crowd.

bigstick61
October 12, 2017, 18:46
Wouldn't the lack of a safety sear be a potential issue with bump firing, generally?

If a working design could be made and it weren't a safety issue, I'd have one for the FAL. Most of us can't afford a real select-fire anything.

D.Brown
October 13, 2017, 01:59
BigStick,

You are exactly right. This is why bump firing invites an OOD.

raubvogel
October 13, 2017, 05:08
But, safety sears makes firearms became fully automatic baby killing wife romping machines per ATF

bigstick61
October 13, 2017, 05:09
But, safety sears makes firearms became fully automatic baby killing wife romping machines per ATF

I guess the ATF just doesn't want people playing their game.

Jarhead504
October 14, 2017, 16:23
If you cannot control the trigger, you should never own a rifle. All the "other than" trigger controls to make the piece fire faster is for retards. I'm NOT talking about Class 3 full-auto sears or "winter triggers" (extensions outside the trigger guard) like the military uses, but those stupid after market items.

Also, I know the original poster was just jesting.

Jarhead504

bigstick61
October 14, 2017, 18:08
I'll have to disagree that these things are stupid. Seems like the people who dislike them have a very strong dislike for them. The fact of the matter is that they can allow for a rapidity of fire that simulates automatic fire, which is fun, and can be safely used in appropriate weapons (which clearly the FAL is not one them), and some of the "bump SAWs" that people have come up with are pretty interesting and potential useful in the context of the martial intent behind the 2nd Amendment protecting the RKBA. This is important because the current laws, and the market distortions it produces, render fully automatic firearms inaccessible to all but a few people. In an ideal world, you could buy a select-fire weapon over-the-counter or face-to-face, but that's not the environment we are faced with.