PDA

View Full Version : complete rifles or kits more desirable?

frankxtc
October 08, 2017, 08:05
Hi,
Back in 2003 I joined this site, learned how to build a FAL.
Lots of parts kits and accessories available then.
So now it is 2017, I am retired, selling off things I donít use any more.
Looking @ the marketplace forum, I donít see many FALís or kits for sale any more.

Would I be better off taking my FALs apart, and selling the kits and receivers separately, or keep them assembled .
(Donít know if home built FALS are worth less than the parts.)

Mine were built with the DSA receivers that the FAL files had a group buy on way back then.
- Izzy HB
- STG-58
- Argentina para folder

I also have all the special tools used to do the builds, will sell them after I know whether it is a better idea to render these into kits or not.
Frank

meltblown
October 08, 2017, 08:19
Depends. What are the receiver SN range? What type? 1,2 3? The para folder will get good coin. Is it built on a T3? Is the rest of the kit Argy?

frankxtc
October 08, 2017, 09:29
All the receivers are DSA type-2, s/n ds24xxx for all

The argentine folder was a FAL files group buy, here is the text from the ad from back then:

ďPlease include in the subject area " Argy Para kit Group Buy with barrel for $645"
Also include your name, address and phone number for shipping and invoicing.
Jerry has agreed to drop ship for me to save on multiple shipping charges to Group Buy Members.
My latest 20 kits are set aside for me and these have been carefully hand picked,
are boxed and are ready to ship! A kit will be reserved in your name ONLY upon receipt
of the e-mail information listed above. I will then return your e-mail with a CONFIRMED
notation in the subject area, and will provide you mailing instructions for M/O's as well.
An FWRA Group Buy Sales Invoice will be packed with your kit and your kit will be shipped
from Recon Ordnance upon receipt of your payment. The barrels are in excellent condition
(21 inch Argy para bbls. These were the 21" variant for police use and the barrels are NICEĒ

Falfan2017
October 08, 2017, 09:32
I'll buy your argie rifal for 645! :rofl:

meltblown
October 08, 2017, 09:33
The receivers are highly desirable probably worth $650 or so. Caveat though is the soft market. Argy kit would probably go for around $900. Shit they weren't cheap back then.

ramiller
October 08, 2017, 10:27
I would try and sell as a complete rifle you can always break them down later

nwobhm
October 08, 2017, 10:32
Put them on GB as completes. They will sell.....I can see the Para hitting $1800 the first time around. You'll need a lot of clear pictures and a good description. The Israeli should bring $1400-$1600 and if the StG matches with plastic $1200-$1400.

The big problem with part outs now is when the receiver sells you are stuck with a kit no one wants because there are no available receivers.

frankxtc
October 08, 2017, 16:05
Figures that the FAL I like the most (Argy para), is worth more than the others....I'll save it until last!
Probably should shoot some of the "safe queens" this decade, waiting for the cooler weather.

maxaks
October 08, 2017, 16:31
I would try and sell as a complete rifle you can always break them down later

This

nowhere01
October 08, 2017, 18:53
Yeah, sell them as complete - nothing wrong with home built rifles as long as you check headspace and the other functions. I built all my FALs myself in the early 2000's. Rhodesian kits for $99 and Imbel receivers for $220, those were the days!

denny
October 08, 2017, 19:30
recon ord sold their argie kits for $695.00 back then.
Denny