PDA

View Full Version : an amatuer new sig owner ?

Fleabus
October 03, 2017, 23:49
thanks to a fellow filer I now own a sig 220
in examining it Ive noticed when dry firing it
the hammer doesnt contact the firing pin
my ? is why this happens
please enlighten my ignorance
thanks guys

Falfan2017
October 03, 2017, 23:52
thanks to a fellow filer I now own a sig 220
in examining it Ive noticed when dry firing it
the hammer doesnt contact the firing pin
my ? is why this happens
please enlighten my ignorance
thanks guys

It does. It just happens really fast. Put a piece of paper between the hammer and the pin and it should make a mark on the paper.

pat701
October 04, 2017, 15:46
It does. It just happens really fast. Put a piece of paper between the hammer and the pin and it should make a mark on the paper.

^^^^Agreed normal safety precaution, if you drop it. Do the "world famous" put a pencil down the barrel eraser end into breach, pull the trigger and watch the pencil jump.:D;)

meltblown
October 04, 2017, 15:55

^^^^Agreed normal safety precaution, if you drop it. Do the "world famous" put a pencil down the barrel eraser end into breach, pull the trigger and watch the pencil jump.:D;)

Yep. Keeps the hammer off the pin. Welcome to the Sig world. You can tweak the hammer spring to lighten the DA pull. Play with short reset triggers, etc. I've been a fan for over 20 years

Herr Walther
October 04, 2017, 16:07
I picked this seven year old from GunBroker a few weeks ago. My third P225, and my sixth SIG-Sauer.

All German.

https://i.imgur.com/taiIsx1.jpg

Fleabus
October 04, 2017, 17:17
i know mausers
i know aks
i know fals
i know colts an smiths

i dont know sigs
thank u guyz for the sig input

Stoney
October 04, 2017, 23:18
What's the differents between the P6 and 225? D/A trigger pull?

Herr Walther
October 05, 2017, 05:46
Yeah, the pull on the P6 is a bit stiffer and they have that funky bobbed curly hammer to indicate if the pistol was ever dropped.

They are also roll marked 'P6' and have Government proofs and acceptance marks instead of the traditional commercial proofs from Kiel.

The Swiss models also have the heel magazine release. They are much harder to come by and are usually beat to hell when you find one.

Fleabus
October 06, 2017, 13:20
lightening the da pull is a thought i may follow
i know all pcs (220s) are diff and with that in mind where would you suggest i start w hammer spring wgt and which spring kit and source to get parts from
if uve experimented which wgt spring have u had better da pull and reliable success with
i am aware these are subject to differences etc etc
thanks buddies..

pureveggie
October 28, 2017, 19:47
Sigs are the best in my opinion I own two 220s first one I bought abt 20 yrs ago then the newer dark elite abt five yrs ago I absolutely love my sigs and they are my main carry gun I carry a smith 686 snubbie as a backup gun you gotta love a dig esp the older models which are always better same as fals enjoy

Bawana jim
October 29, 2017, 16:53
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p210-target.html

Sig:bow: