PDA

View Full Version : Value on ACE folding stock for M1A??

the gman
October 03, 2017, 09:56
I have no idea what this stock is worth. Came out of the estate of a dear friend who thought the M14 was the last word in battle rifles despite my best efforts to convince him otherwise... :D This stock was in a bunch of other stocks and spares he had and as I'm never going to buy an M1A (nope, had one years ago and sold it to my deceased friend who left it to his nephew) it is of no use to me so I would like to sell it.

I found one like it on some post out of MO and the seller wanted $375 which I think is nuts. Hopefully the collective here can give me a pointer in the right direction of value? Stock folds as it should, rear metalwork is in pretty good shape and its in nice condition. The stock has a white feather painted on it with a personal message to my buddy Bill from another friend, obviously referencing Carlos Hathcock but I have no indication that anyone involved with the stock ever knew or had anything to do with Carlos. Manufacturer is molded in as ACE Ltd and the folding mech is clearly similar to other ACE stocks I have had over the years. AR15 pistol grip appears to be removable if you didn't like the A2 style.

TIA and here are photos:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="66ZSvZ7"><a href="//imgur.com/66ZSvZ7">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="tVMOISq"><a href="//imgur.com/tVMOISq">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="WiAHnTW"><a href="//imgur.com/WiAHnTW">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="i1eqtAY"><a href="//imgur.com/i1eqtAY">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>