PDA

View Full Version : Coonan email

embatp
October 02, 2017, 18:07
Big FAL Changes take place Jan 1, 2018!

Happy Monday!

We have heard from many of you that our lead times have been a factor in whether or not you purchase our receivers. We are hoping that stocking our most popular FALs will help better service your needs.

Beginning January 1, 2018, TYPE I & TYPE III FAL receivers will be offered as In-Stock products ONLY. (No Customizations)

TYPE II, TYPE G1, TYPE R1, TYPE L1-C1, ARGIE, STG58 receivers and Custom serials, will be DISCONTINUED as of Jan 1, 2018.

If you have been waiting to get your custom or special cut FAL receiver, don't miss what may be your last opportunity to make it your own.

Regards,

Jim Schottmuller
Firearm Sales
jschott@coonaninc.com
Cell: 612-940-6394
Ph: 763-786-1720
Fx: 763-205-2564

Our mailing address is:
Coonan
4501 103rd CT NE #120Blaine, MN 55014

rbgonoles
October 02, 2017, 18:21
I know there's been a lot of talk about Coonan, but I have two Coonan G1 receivers with no issues.

Parga
October 02, 2017, 18:37
Just had an order of 5 Coonan receivers come in 2 months ahead of schedule and all have timed up perfectly. Same with the last batch of 4 that came in

Elwarpo
October 02, 2017, 19:05
One more less producer of inch receivers. Anyone making them anymore?

Vulcanator
October 02, 2017, 19:54
One more less producer of inch receivers. Anyone making them anymore?Unfortunately no. DSA did their limited run of Brit cut receivers, unless they resume production you're out of luck unless you can source one secondhand.

fnogger
October 02, 2017, 21:02
Unfortunately no. DSA did their limited run of Brit cut receivers, unless they resume production you're out of luck unless you can source one secondhand.

Seems like an opportunity for someone with disposable $

Wish I could've used the cash in my Roth IRA to do some neckbearding.... :D

oleblu72
October 03, 2017, 18:27
I'm still waiting for my e-mail from them. I sent them an e-mail asking them about their warning at the bottom of the page if you should chose to buy one of their receivers. I said if you hired better machinists and had end run inspectors you wouldn't have to use a warning like that so quit building junk and everything will be fine. Connie sent me an e-mail and asked me if I had purchased a receiver from them and I said that I had so that was about 2 wks. ago and that's the last I heard from them.

Mark

biohawk1
October 03, 2017, 18:50
Hopefully with them cutting a bunch of their products they will now focus heavily on quality control.

4markk
October 04, 2017, 07:33
Great info .... I have a couple BGS kits that I'd like to get custom serial numbers.

Might as well pick up a couple R1's since no one else makes them (they don't go bad sitting on the shelf).

lew
October 04, 2017, 11:43
Hopefully with them cutting a bunch of their products they will now focus heavily on quality control.

Don't hold yer breath.

PARA FN FAL
October 04, 2017, 11:56
It must have been about 6 or 7 years ago now that I bought several type 3 Coonan receivers and they just fell together with no drama at all. I wish my DSA type 1 and 2s were as easy. Now if we can just get an influx of FAL parts kits we might have something.

Lee Carpentieri
October 04, 2017, 12:27
Well the verdict will be out until Gunplumber gives his latest review's of anything coming out of Coonan. I just don't like the fact that a Coonan upper receiver has such an open cut at the front of the ejection port that you can see the bolt when the bolt/Carrier are closed.:eek:

TraFALgar
October 05, 2017, 13:35
I just ordered 2 R1ís and an StG58 receiver from them today.
The nice lady said delivery might take up to 180 days because they have to wait until they have enough orders to buy materials & run a batch. :uhoh: You guys need to get off your butts and order some, so I donít have to wait that long! :wink:

:fal:

embatp
October 05, 2017, 15:20
Find out how many they need and letís get rolling....group buy?

Parga
October 05, 2017, 16:59
I've got at least 2 more to order if that helps. FYI, my last order showed up 2 months early

Lee Carpentieri
October 05, 2017, 18:34
Sounds like another company that is having financial problems. If you look around at the whole firearms industry,Their all having the same problems, LACK OF SALES.

TraFALgar
October 05, 2017, 20:22
I don’t know about their financial situation. But because supply of kits has dried up over last couple of years, demand for receivers is down drastically. It seems they decided to streamline (reduce) their offerings. :sad:

4markk
October 06, 2017, 10:17
I just placed my order for a few. The lady on the phone said that orders are trickling in, no big influx.

This may be the last time to get custom serial numbers (IF that is important to you), as well as R1 receivers. SO check your kits to see what you need.

oleblu72
October 07, 2017, 11:06
I would be interested in a couple of G1's if a group buy materialized.

Mark

1911Ron
October 07, 2017, 14:33
I didn't see the R1 listed on their site, am i missing it? I'm not sure what an R1 looks like so....

Lee Carpentieri
October 07, 2017, 18:07
Looks like I'll order 2 Brit cut receivers and 2 G-1 receivers from Coonan. Just when I thought I was going to be done collecting. If you all see a mushroom cloud SE of FT.Lauderdale, Fl. You'll know my wife vaporized me.:facepalm:

pistolero1911
October 07, 2017, 19:47
I didn't see the R1 listed on their site, am i missing it? I'm not sure what an R1 looks like so....

Call them, the R1 should still be available. I ordered one with custom serial number in July and it was delivered in September. Fabrique Coonan on the right side of the receiver, M within U on the left side, plus 7,62 Cal, etc.:fal:

TraFALgar
October 07, 2017, 21:17
For some reason, Coonan never posted a specific R1 product page on their site :confused: (they might have sold more if they had! )
They sent me a picture of what their current R1 markings should look like and they look identical to the ones in this post by msnyder:
Coonan R1 receiver (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3398138&postcount=48)

Trypcil
October 11, 2017, 15:00
I just ordered my last one today, to use the last of my L1A1 Brit kits up. Incidentally this will be my 3rd Brit cut from them, each works flawlessly, one with minor massaging! Lets hope they go out with a good last batch!

veltro
October 31, 2017, 23:10
Coonan used to offer a discount for FAL File members? Do they still do that?

G3isMe
October 31, 2017, 23:26
For some reason, Coonan never posted a specific R1 product page on their site :confused: (they might have sold more if they had! )
They sent me a picture of what their current R1 markings should look like and they look identical to the ones in this post by msnyder:
Coonan R1 receiver (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3398138&postcount=48)

These look nice. I may have to buy one of the R1s.

Trypcil
November 01, 2017, 06:16

Yes they do.

4markk
November 01, 2017, 08:11

And they offer a Military Discount, which I shamelessly took advantage of as well.

oleblu72
November 01, 2017, 12:28
And I'm still waiting for my e-mail from them from a month ago asking them about the problems of their receivers and the warrantee disclaimer.

Mark

Sudden Death
November 01, 2017, 13:04
You'll get what we produce and you'll learn to like it, if not, it is your fault for choosing us in the first place!:D

SD

ftierson
November 01, 2017, 15:07
You'll get what we produce and you'll learn to like it, if not, it is your fault for choosing us in the first place!:D

:)

Forrest

TraFALgar
November 02, 2017, 10:07
And I'm still waiting for my e-mail from them from a month ago asking them about the problems of their receivers and the warrantee disclaimer.

Mark

What problems? There ain't no problems! Those are features!! :wink:

fal fiend
November 07, 2017, 23:23
do u just ask when ordering ?

4markk
November 08, 2017, 08:53
do u just ask when ordering ?

Yes .... They also wanted proof, so I scanned my ID (blocking unnecessary stuff) and emailed it.