PDA

View Full Version : S&W 627-5

Elwarpo
September 28, 2017, 10:20
Thinking of picking one up, it is the pro series. The one I am looking at is used but never fired. What are your opinions? Is $600 a good price?

Wildcat
September 28, 2017, 17:39
Seems pretty good. Tough to get them new for less than $700.

Check it over carefully. For the past few years, Smith was pushing guns through the factory at a break-neck pace. There have been a number of returns to have defects addressed.

CG&L
September 28, 2017, 18:30
I need another Smith like I need a third eye but I would do it for $600 with a quickness.

It's going to be an excellent shooter and an excellent revolver all the way around.

Not trying to run your finances but that $600 will dissipate into the nothingness of time before you know it.
If you buy the Smith, you'll enjoy it for years to come.

AZ Dave
October 09, 2017, 19:54
I'd be all over that!

Elwarpo
October 11, 2017, 11:13
Thanks guys, picked it up and love shooting it. The problem is the girlfriend liked shooting it so much, she is calling it her revolver LOL

TenTea
October 11, 2017, 11:38
Thanks guys, picked it up and love shooting it. The problem is the girlfriend liked shooting it so much, she is calling it her revolver LOL

I have that too...appropriationitis or itsminenowitis or ilikeititis
I've lost several arms to this malady.
Comes in many forms and is hard to treat successfully.
However there are much worse problems a man can encounter. ;)

Wildcat
October 11, 2017, 18:43
Not sure if you are using clipped or loose ammo.

The clips can be finicky due to the groove on the 38/357 case not being standardized and companies make it whatever suits their tooling.

I've gone with the .025" thick clips and while these aren't optimal with every brand, they work well with most brass.