PDA

View Full Version : Markings on My Inch Stock

Hvt98
September 21, 2017, 13:30
Pick this stock up used from Numrich.

Indian and Pakistanis people can't read it

anyone knows which country? I know not Australia because no marking under the stock and they used roman letter #s

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e206/hvt98/15060180548191463679575_zpslxenxwr6.jpg

tdb59
September 21, 2017, 14:01
Possibly Nepal.

Hvt98
September 21, 2017, 14:42
Maybe Nepalese? Stock made in India?

enbloc8
September 21, 2017, 15:45
Maybe Nepalese? Stock made in India?

I too was thinking Nepalese, but don't Indian stocks all use the ferrule like a metric type C stock?

From the comparatively small "hump" atop the front, I was thinking British.

Tattered
September 21, 2017, 19:44
It's a British stock that was contracted. Looks like an Indian to me. The Brits and I believe the Aussies as well had contracts with India. Some of the paint looks chipped, so maybe that's why they weren't able to read it?

G3isMe
September 21, 2017, 19:57
As tattered noted it is a Indian British inch stock. The writing is probably Bengali which is what I was told the writing is on my similar stock. The Indian manufactured FAL rifles do you use the stocks with a furrule but what I understand they did get British inch pattern rifles from England. Hence the painted inch stocks. In shameless plug I have about 4-5 of these along with Indian handguards and looking to sell if anyone wants one of these beauties.... :biggrin:... Huss is the Indian Guru around here and hopefully will chime in.

Huss
September 21, 2017, 20:35
I had several Inch stocks that were British that were marked very similarly. I learned from Mark that they were British for the Gurkas with bengali numbers on them. I had all mine refinished and knowing that now, I would have left them alone. Very cool piece of history there.