PDA

View Full Version : KCI Mags for FAL?

F1intruder
September 20, 2017, 12:50
Anyone ever try or use the KCI Mags for the Fal? This is a Korean company that sells mags for Glock and others. The reviews on these from Glock owners is mixed.

I bought 2 20 rds for $9/ea just to try out and my initial impressions are that they are not very good.

The first mag spring was pushed midway down the housing and would not spring back to the top. I plan to disassemble to see the problem.

I cant load more than 3 rds in the second mag. I realize these are new and stiff, but it's almost as if there are mechanical issues with the mag.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

biyf
September 20, 2017, 13:10
Absolute garbage. Get milsurp magazines - it's the only answer.

4markk
September 20, 2017, 13:50
Generally GARBAGE ......

BUT they work great in my out of spec Century L1A1 receiver. Things that make you go HHHhuuuuuummmmmmmm??????:drinking:

1911Ron
September 20, 2017, 15:53
Anyone ever try or use the KCI Mags for the Fal? This is a Korean company that sells mags for Glock and others. The reviews on these from Glock owners is mixed.

I bought 2 20 rds for $9/ea just to try out and my initial impressions are that they are not very good.

The first mag spring was pushed midway down the housing and would not spring back to the top. I plan to disassemble to see the problem.

I cant load more than 3 rds in the second mag. I realize these are new and stiff, but it's almost as if there are mechanical issues with the mag.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

You have to ask your self why are they only $9 each, the answer is they are junk!

Fishbread
September 20, 2017, 20:26
I recently bought two just to see if I could make them run. I have one that will now feed 16 rounds.

I knew they were garbage going into the deal but looked on it as a challenge.

F1intruder
September 20, 2017, 23:05
Appreciate the feedback and agree with all of your replies.. I think at this stage, I'm going to send them back.

I've only bought DSArms and Surplus in the past to feed both my RRA AR10 and FAL, so looks like I'll stick to what works. Thinking from the Country which produces KIA (never owned BTW), thought it'd be worth a try.. :eek:

michael_g927
September 21, 2017, 21:16
I bought 5 G17 mags nearly ten years ago now. Seems like they were $2 each and came in plain brown paper wrappers. They were stiff as hell. Nothing the Uplula couldnt handle. I never had any feeding issues with them. The only issue i ever had was they were a tad too fat to work smoothly in my 9mm AR magwell.
Mags are pretty simple. The only times they are truly screwed is when the feed lips are jacked up. Most problems are fairly easy to fix.
15 or so years ago my wife bought me a new FNH 40/9 pistol. Decent gun. Had some trigger issues and the dreaded 10 rd mag. To fix the trigger i glued a piece pf plastic on the rear of the trigger. I filed it down until i could reliably trip the hammer and no more trigger movement.
The mag issue, was easy enuf. I cant remember if i used a CZ mag or an M9 mag, but with a little work it ran in the FNH.