PDA

View Full Version : Scamslist aka armslist strikes again

Falfan2017
September 19, 2017, 15:45
Listed a pistol for sale on armslist. This guy showed some interest and wanted to buy it. He said he would send his paycheck in a cashiers check and I could just send the rest back. Obviously huge red flag. I called the ffl he gave me and the ffl didn't know him. He said they had been targeted by this scam several times. Basically they send a fraudulent of stolen cashiers check. I cash it and send back the extra. Ship the gun. The cashiers check eventually comes back as no good. They keep my money and the gun never gets picked up from the ffl. Luckily I thought the whole thing seemed odd and didn't do anything.

K. Funk
September 21, 2017, 14:48
I have complained a few times to Armslist. My listings from Gunbroker get lifted repeatedly and show up on Armslist as fraudulent listings with assholes asking for hundreds less than what the gun is worth. The canned response is for me to report listings that I feel are fraudulent.

krf

justashooter
September 22, 2017, 08:51
that being noted, I did get a nice rifle under market value from a guy in Montana thru armslist. I asked him to have a local dealer ship it to me and to pick up the PMO I sent to the dealer when he dropped the gun off for shipping. worked out fine.