PDA

View Full Version : OT: Got a 1919A4 kit in from J&T!!! :D

Ak_guy
June 18, 2002, 16:32
All I can say is DANG!!! (I dont cuss so thats about as good a exclimative you get :) ) This had to be a unused parts set or something!! Barrel is exellent, finish is awesome. I am still gonna re-park it myself though. How else can I justify the blast cabinet, abrasive, parts washer (20gal), etc that I got from my drug dealer (Harbour Freight) :D

I'll post pics soon. Dang!! Another gun addiction. Total price was $299 plus shipping. Getcha one guys!!! I got this one in .308 :) Buy a case of ammo and use it in both guns!! This 1919A4 musta been made to use side-by-side with a FAL.

hydrotx
June 18, 2002, 16:51
Dang it, dont tell me that. I've been putting off the belt fed thing cause I don't think I can sneak it past my wife.

Well, add something else to the shopping list.

Ak_guy
June 18, 2002, 17:31
Originally posted by hydrotx
Dang it, dont tell me that. I've been putting off the belt fed thing cause I don't think I can sneak it past my wife.

Well, add something else to the shopping list.

Better get them fast. As with all kits the later ones will look like crap as they scrape the barrel bottom. This was a grade2. Could you imagine a grade 1?? :)

One day we'll look back and say "Remember when we had those good kits?" Just like we do with the stg-58 kits now.

bookertbab
June 18, 2002, 20:40
What does it take to build these into legal semi guns? They look pretty interesting and would be fun for something like bulletfest III comming up.

Ak_guy
June 18, 2002, 23:47
Originally posted by bookertbab
What does it take to build these into legal semi guns? They look pretty interesting and would be fun for something like bulletfest III comming up.

goto www.1919a4.com and ask away. I am a newbie to the 1919A4 but those guys have built alot of them. Make sure you check out the gallery!!

From a newbie guestimate I'd say it'd cost you overall what a FAL would. $650-$900 depending on who does some or all the work.

medicmike
June 19, 2002, 12:23
I got my 1919 kit from J&T as well. It was in great shape! Barrel looked brand new and the other parts hadn't been used much. It was a long term project for me but sure worth it now it is runneing. Did the machine work myself. Am into it around $500, made the tripod myself.

Here are a couple pics

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=medicmike&album_id=55026&image_id=42&courtesy=1

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=medicmike&album_id=55026&image_id=41&courtesy=1

We call it "The Negotiator!";)

Ak_guy
June 19, 2002, 13:01
Here are pics of mine... :)
:D

Ak_guy
June 19, 2002, 13:03
pic#2

Blood of Tyrants
June 19, 2002, 13:34
Does anyone make an 8mm barrel for cheap blasing?

Ak_guy
June 19, 2002, 13:45
Originally posted by Blood of Tyrants
Does anyone make an 8mm barrel for cheap blasing?

You can buy a 8mm kit. :) I believe you can even convert the 8mm kit to .308 or .30-06 also. Fire all 3 calibers.... :)

Ask them at www.1919a4.com to be sure though....but I think its possible to shoot all3. Might have to have a bolt or something for each caliber.

medicmike
June 19, 2002, 20:25
Looks like your kit is cleaner than mine, and I thought I got a great one!:D

I have seen varying opinions on caliber conversions. Some guys say you only need to replace the barrel and cartridge stops/spacers. Others have said since the stroke is different the bolt needs to be replaced as well. Found a source for 8mm barrels for $135.00. Am seriously thinking about getting one to try the cheaper 8mm out there. That thing can run through a case of 7.62 like it is nothing!!! The pile of brass under the bottom pic is about 500 rounds and it sure didn't seem like we shot it much!:D :D Shot in the Dark (http://communities.msn.com/Shotinthedark) is an MSN community dedicated to building these things, there are some real helpful guys over there. Almost as good as the FAL Files! If you criuse over there you can check out my photo album that has pics of the project as it went along as well as some other items of interest.