PDA

View Full Version : Aero M5E1 upper

Bertellione
September 16, 2017, 02:42
I'm in the process of building an AR10 type rifle. Has anyone here got any experience with the m5e1 upper and hand guard. It looks like a great idea that they came up with by forging the float tube attachment to the upper making two pieces one piece. It seems like it should be all pros, does anyone have any negatives for this set up?

Parga
September 16, 2017, 03:36
I've built quite a few for customers and they've all been great. The E1 uppers are over built which I like. Their barrels are great as well(made by Ballistic Advantage, now owned by Aero)

Thorack
September 16, 2017, 05:02
Nope,

No negatives to the design. My upper was missing the little indention that allows the dust cover/action flap to close but that was an easy fix.

Aero Precision has a good military discount and Ive never paid for shipping.

Thorack

Bertellione
September 17, 2017, 01:09
Cool I picked up a used heavy 20" DPMS 7.62 barel a while back at a show. The old man picked it up first I asked him quietly if he was going to buy it his response was I'm looking at it for you. It was labeled 75$ the barrel looks great but I saw the Vortex flash hider even if it was a tomatoe stake it was worth 70 the guy accepted. So I ordered a M5E1 upper and hand guard to see what it does. I was going to build a 6.5 but I'll see what the barrel does if not then I'll order a 6.5 have a tomatoe stake and a bit of discount on my flash hider.:cool: