PDA

View Full Version : This is why you use an AR for home defense!

Falfan2017
September 14, 2017, 20:51
https://www.facebook.com/PowerFullWeapons/videos/509148882773182/

Guys with pistols miss 40 times. Guy shoots with AR in self defense hits all three perps in a moving vehicle.

yellowhand
September 14, 2017, 21:01
2 dead guys and one wounded guy did not use their sights, one guy with an AR used his sights.:wink:

It also helps to hold the pistols upright, as designed to be used, vs sideways.:)

Play thuggish games, get killed.
Sounds fair to me.

Jaxxas
September 14, 2017, 21:30
Amazing what a little bit of training can accomplish!

:bow:

Eyeguy
September 14, 2017, 23:55
Play thuggish games, get killed.
Sounds fair to me.

Yep.

Right Side Up
September 15, 2017, 02:58
We can definitely observe who went to the range and practiced. :D

raubvogel
September 15, 2017, 05:33
We can definitely observe who went to the range and practiced. :D

You mean the "hold your junk while wipping the bullets" range? :whistling:

Slaughter
September 15, 2017, 07:14
Love the fact that the news was reported... as in REPORTING. No editorializing about the events. Concluding remarks, "Wow Jake, a close call for that homeowner. Thank you so much for that report."

Reported the number of rounds fired, the results and outcome. No bullshit. No opinions expressed by reporter.

That, my friends is news reporting.

Wifey and I have spent 3 weekends now with Chuck Taylor and learned a SHIT TON about target assessment and AIMED FIRE.

starbuck
September 15, 2017, 07:40
You mean the "hold your junk while wipping the bullets" range? :whistling:

I saw Angelina Jolie do it.

Thorack
September 15, 2017, 07:45
Well,

Never bring a pistol to a rifle fight. Apparently they didn't read Sun Tzu and didn't know their enemy. Evolution at work.

Thorack

xtremerange
September 15, 2017, 08:04
Yep. Pistols are only good for those times that you screw up and left your rifle out of reach.

jhend170
September 15, 2017, 08:25
Wifey and I have spent 3 weekends now with Chuck Taylor and learned a SHIT TON about target assessment and AIMED FIRE.

I had some "aimed fire" with my chuck taylors, but it was for 2 points at a time. :D

https://images.nike.com/is/image/DotCom/PDP_HERO_M/M7650_102_A_PREM/converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-high-top-unisex-shoe.jpg

d762nato
September 15, 2017, 08:30
Awesome it doesn't get any better than that, keep up the good work.

yellowhand
September 15, 2017, 10:53
Well,

Never bring a pistol to a rifle fight. Apparently they didn't read Sun Tzu and didn't know their enemy. Evolution at work.

Thorack

AR's,cleaning up planned parenthood's major mistakes, one car load at a time.:rofl:

801_Tactical
September 15, 2017, 11:18
Love the fact that the news was reported... as in REPORTING. No editorializing about the events. Concluding remarks, "Wow Jake, a close call for that homeowner. Thank you so much for that report."

Reported the number of rounds fired, the results and outcome. No bullshit. No opinions expressed by reporter.

That, my friends is news reporting.

Is Chuck still teaching? Tell him Hi from Utah. I took several courses from him about 30 years ago. Great guy and teacher.

Invictus77
September 15, 2017, 11:35
Put five guys on one hill with pistols.
Put one guy on another hill with a rifle.

It will not be too long before there is one guy on one hill with a rifle and five pistols :biggrin:

hagar
September 15, 2017, 12:44
A pistol is useful to fight your way to a rifle, not against a rifle.. ;)

I remember another feelgood story that happened in Phoenix when I lived there. Gangbanger was out on parole for violent crimes, does a driveby on a house while wearing a bulletproof vest, homeowner slots him through the head with a rifle. End of parole..:)

hueyville
September 15, 2017, 12:57
And people ask me why there is a rifle in truck everytime I leave the house and next to bed, recliner, etc? Have handguns too, wear one from time leave house till get home. its job? To fight my way to the rifle if not in truck when SHTF. If have to use the handgun shoot 200 to 500 rounds per week so have a good chance of leveraging it to maximum efficiency. If he had a battle rifle may have killed all three preps instead of just two and wounding the third.

2barearms
September 15, 2017, 14:42
I don't subscribe to the 'intelligence' network FakeBook.......so I won't be seeing the video...but I keep a 21 rd Sig 226 Tac Ops with a laser and tritium night sights when its dark. If you think I'll miss, you had better be beyond 50 yds.

oleblu72
September 15, 2017, 15:02
[QUOTE=2barearms;4478734]I don't subscribe to the 'intelligence' network FakeBook.......so I won't be seeing the video...but I keep a 21 rd Sig 226 Tac Ops with a laser and tritium night sights when its dark. If you think I'll miss, you had better be beyond 50 yds.[/QUOT

Yeah I couldn't watch it either my face isn't in their book.

Mark

yellowhand
September 15, 2017, 15:48
I don't subscribe to the 'intelligence' network FakeBook.......so I won't be seeing the video...but I keep a 21 rd Sig 226 Tac Ops with a laser and tritium night sights when its dark. If you think I'll miss, you had better be beyond 50 yds.

About same set up, but with a Glock 22 converted to 357Sig.:biggrin:

Tak
September 15, 2017, 16:23
link says 'content not available right now'.

Facebook must have yanked it already

hueyville
September 15, 2017, 19:32
I didn't try to watch it, figured the commentary from those that did was enough. 2barearms, I don't want anyone shooting at me with any gun including you and your SIG 226 Tac Ops but if involved in a gunfight would much prefer a rifle. I own several models of SIG's with Tac Ops name attached to them and all are tenth or slow from buzzer to first round due to the extra drag of pic rail on bottom of frame against holster unless get an absolutely perfect holster. When shooting my handgun drills outdoors with any one of my carry guns (usually a SIG but still carry Colts) always finish with a full magazine on a 10"10" plate at 100 yards. If miss with a single round drill gets repeated till shoot it clean. But I don't have someone shooting at me at the time. Still prefer a long gun if in a life or death gun fight unless in such tight quarters can't maneuver a long gun.

Before church dropped liability insurance on our security team (being the primary shooter in large room with 700+ people and no insurance and they couldn't understand my resignation as team leader) took one of my old IPSC unlimited race guns, totally tightened and fitted all bearing surfaces, replaced all moving parts, upgraded to best modern tactical parts such as mainspring housing with integral magwell, 5.5" match barrel and fitted magwell to frame perfectly. Honed and stoned trigger to an even four pounds, tuned springs perfectly to carry load, added tritium sights with the front sight on compensator increasing sight plane by a half inch and tuned till it was a darn near perfect fighting gun that shoots one hole ragged groups at 25 yards unsupported. Shot 100 rounds through it every Saturday and was 100% confident on a first round head shot anywhere in the sanctuary with 70 yards to far corners from my post. As much work and practice was put in with that pistol a perp or three entered room with AK's and body armor and it was going to suck. After two really touchy situations a 14.7" 6.8 AR with Vortex Strike Fire red dot was mounted under the table where I sat. Trained man/men with handguns vs trained man/men with rifles and the rifle will usually win. Perps from the hood that only do drive by's, grandma with a 25 automatic or Navy SEAL with weapon of choice if a gunfight goes down I want a rifle.

After much experimentation now we wait on a new Form 4 as have decided what I want for my daily fighting rifle. AR 15 with 12.5" ARP 6.8 spc II 1:11 5R with SIG suppressor, Vortex Strike Fire with tritium sights that cowitneses with optic. Franklin Armory Gen 3 binary trigger, adjustible gas, MGI Rate Reducing Buffer, Tubbs Flatwire buffer spring, ARP Superbolt, ambidextrious safety and a nickle boron bolt carrier. Will be handy and rule anything inside of 150 yards like Thor's Hammer. Have built so many AR's and worked on even more from 8.5" to 26" in a dozen or more cartridges. Will always carry either a SIG or Pony pistol in 40 Smith or 45 acp on my hip but like to know a rifle is as close or almost as close as my handgun.

Illurian00
September 15, 2017, 20:56
Followed the link to something called facebook,,,looked geh to me,,,:eek:

yellowhand
September 15, 2017, 21:34
Thinking hand gun vs rifle on three guys in a car shooting at ya, there is something better.:whistling:

Are RPG's legal anywhere stateside????:biggrin:

NOBO7354
September 15, 2017, 22:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcT2rmEWQB0

HankC
September 16, 2017, 12:23
When an AR guy met a shotgun guy in home defense, he probably wants a shotgun! His neighbors may wish he had a shotgun or handgun too when the bullets penetrate walls after walls and hit his neighbors' houses.

MistWolf
September 16, 2017, 15:50
When an AR guy met a shotgun guy in home defense, he probably wants a shotgun! His neighbors may wish he had a shotgun or handgun too when the bullets penetrate walls after walls and hit his neighbors' houses.

I'll take my lighter, shorter, harder hitting, less recoiling, faster rate of fire AR over a shotgun anytime

gangland
September 16, 2017, 19:08
Have a 104ur sbr right now for home defense but considering on switching to my sp5k if I sbr it since well.. aksu is LOUD

Falfan2017
September 16, 2017, 20:02

Ar over penetration is a myth. It breaks up when it hits hard stuff so penetrates less household material than shotty slugs or buckshot or even pistol rounds. . I would not recommend bird shot for home defense. More and more home invasions involve gangs with 4 or more assailants. At that point you appreciate your super dangerous "high capacity assault clip".

base704
September 17, 2017, 06:59
Followed the link to something called facebook,,,looked geh to me,,,:eek:

Kinda what happened with me...
I don't play that facespace game.
:shame:
I don't have a need or use for anything it has to offer.
Nor any for that of its "owner/ceo/whatever"...

...left wing, anti-gun, Kommiefornia dipshit.
:mad:

Falfan2017
September 17, 2017, 08:27
Kinda what happened with me...
I don't play that facespace game.
:shame:
I don't have a need or use for anything it has to offer.
Nor any for that of its "owner/ceo/whatever"...

...left wing, anti-gun, Kommiefornia dipshit.
:mad:

Facebook used to be an awesome place to buy guns from locals face to face. But they changed their policy and no longer allow people to post guns for sale

Texgunner
September 17, 2017, 12:02
I just read a statistic that states that almost 2 billion of the 7.5 billion humans on Earth are Facebook users. I'm not though. That's a lot of "reach".

hueyville
September 17, 2017, 12:44

Have rack next to headboard which contains an 11.5" SBR AR 15 in 5.56 with suppressor, 16" AR with Gen 2+ might vision, 16" FN FAL with suppressor and 18" pump shotgun loaded with Duplex rounds and side saddle full of slugs. If home invaders were wearing entry level armor a shotgun is not going to crack a hard shell zombie. They FAL is loaded with LeHigh Controlled Chaos so other than perps, no worries about over penetration. Both 5.56 are loaded with 69 grain SMK's and will not get out of the house and affect neighbors as house is masonry construction. Wifes side of be has an 14.7" AR in 5.7x28 and three various length AR's in 6.8 spc II with combination of sighting systems.

When my combination of complex sleep apnea and Short Sleeper Syndrome begin to aggravate wife she retreats to "her" bedroom with 14.7" AR in 5.7x28 a Mini 14 in 6.8 and pair of SKS's. Both 5.7's and SKS's have tritium sights and both bedroom doors and surrounding area is U.L. Level 5 bullet resistant so if wife barricades herself during a home invasion then she backs up into closest room and locks the door. About three weeks ago in north metro area three men kicked in door of house with wife and three kids at home while husband was at work. Wife picked up an AR and result was three dead perps. Have to listen to conservative talk radio to hear that type news.

According to FBI hone invasion is fastest growing crime and a home with a disabled person (my wife) is 60% more likely to be targeted by home invaders. The other day she was on sofa when knock on door and she checked view from camera to see a large black man and a white van marked "Medical Supplies". We were expecting the delivery of a new wheelchair for her but were supposed to call me to set a time. My wife does not open the door for anyone that is not a blood relative or multi-decade friend. she called me, I called medical supply, guy came back an hour later after I had time to get home. from moment she heard the knock till saw van leave the driveway she had an AR in her hands.

Front door is U.L. Level 5 ballistic with 20 minute attack rating using tools. If someone starts kicking on door told wife to swap magazine from defensive ammo to A.P., empty magazine through door then go lock herself in bedroom and grab another rifle and swap it over to A.P. All our exterior doors carry a ballistic and forced entry rating that will suck up multiple rounds of 7.62x51 FMJ. Have been hardening house for 25 years but when wife went in wheelchair I made sure wife had a panic room upstairs as well as the one downstairs and multiple options to place two bullet resistant/force entry rated doors between herself and harm. Each rack of rifles has a few very distinguishable magazines of A.P. so if were to be someone on opposite side trying to force their way in she doesn't have to tolerate it and they have to come through a screen door and under roof of front porch to knock or attack front door. Have been assured that if a perp opens a door and is under our roof then GA law will not prosecute if they are trying to force further entry.

I am a big believer in shotgun but like all my toolboxes have a selection of wrenches. According to situation will pick up the most applicable tool for the job. Nest to my recliner is a Browning A5 with a +8 extended magazine tube loaded to the hilt with mix of 2.75" Duplex and sabot slugs currently. According to mood swap the load but the big A5 has plenty of room to swing in the living room if needed. 13 rounds of mixed 50 caliber slugs and duplex rounds is sure to make a heck of a mess but when I get home from work I bring my truck rifle in and sit it beside the A% so have the option of AR 15 or shotgun without leaving the comfort of the recliner.

KoKodog
September 18, 2017, 14:48
I think this is the video .....

if not say so

http://abc13.com/news/homeowner-shoots-at-drive-by-suspects-killing-2/1960774/