PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf Conversion, G23 9mm

ByronF
September 10, 2017, 16:35
Tried out Lone Wolf Alpha 9mm conversion barrel today. Also changed to Glock brand G19 extractor, ejector, and mags. I guess it works perfectly because it now throws brass onto my head. Had one stovepipe on first mag but ran fine after that except for crappy ejection pattern, which seems like G19 perfection according to interweb. Ran probably 300 rd of Winchester white box through it, and since this ammo is known to be weak I'm hopeful that using stout 9mm will be as reliable with better ejection. If not I'll do the things people do to try to keep the brass off their head. So far no regrets. But tomorrow is another day. Never too late for regrets.

Timber Wolf
September 10, 2017, 17:14
I have a 9mm conversion barrel for my G23 but who made it escapes me right now. I think maybe it is a Stormlake. I know it runs 100% with only the barrel and G19 mags.

ByronF
September 10, 2017, 18:22
Worth a try to run combinations of G23 a d G19 to see if some combination puts brass out to the right. And will do the few things people try for correcting G19 patterns. Reliability was fine, except brass in eyes causes blindness.

ByronF
September 12, 2017, 04:31
Some interweb research suggests replacing the "336" Gen 3 9mm ejector with the Gen 4 "30274" 9mm ejector solves this issue. Worth $8 to find out.

Timber Wolf
September 13, 2017, 12:07
I have run my conversion barrel a lot in various local matches and can honestly say I don't where/how it ejects the brass. Guess that means it is not hitting me in the face?:cool:

ByronF
September 14, 2017, 05:00
If you aren't shaking brass out of your shirt at the end of the day you don't have my problem. When finished with 300-rd was standing inside a circle of empty brass.

I also now recall that I didn't change that little extractor spring bearing thing to the 9mm version so I'll do that next. For science.

SAFN49
September 21, 2017, 12:07
I had one hot empty case land and get caught between my shooting glasses and temple. That left a mark! You have never seen anyone rip a pair of shooting glasses off more quickly.

ByronF
September 21, 2017, 18:57
Received my Glock 19 spring loaded bearing thing and Gen 4 new style ejector. Will test tomorrow. If this doesn't solve it next test is to put in the mod 23 extractor. Some people on www say that helped solve the issue.

All should know I'm playing with a conversion, and I don't see my issues as any reflection of the pistol's reliability. It runs like a raped ape in 40. Probably also with 9mm of respectable energy. But I figure if I can make it run on WWB it'll run on anything.

ByronF
September 23, 2017, 11:38
30274 ejector with 9mm spring loaded bearing, like an entirely different pistol. WWB ejected far to the right. I suspect the major effect was from the ejector.

ByronF
September 30, 2017, 16:04
Cleaning today, noticed a fairly crappy crown. Never tested this for accuracy so not sure it makes a practical difference but it does look like shit. Being nitrided or DLC coated I'm not sure it can be dressed up.