View Full Version : What's the most valuable...

September 07, 2017, 16:29
collection parts you've seen put together by Century? Any near NOS parts matching StGs ever get assembled on Imbels or Argies? G1s? Complete Rhodies?

I see them come up at an auction from time to time and was curious what the most anyone would ever pay for something Century touched, or what the most valuable collection of parts you might find on an R1A1 Sporter.

I'm constantly on the lookout for investment pieces, and wonder what the best possible of the worst might be from them. Feel free to add others like Hesse or whatever others are out there worth buying for parts alone.

Aaaannnnddddd GO!

September 07, 2017, 17:01
Hesse built a few Izzy HBs. Recall seeing a couple back in the 90s. Looked like mostly NOS bits that SARCO was selling cheap at the time.

September 07, 2017, 17:13
I saw a couple Century built BGS with original A wood a few years ago. A friend bought them both for next to nothing. The A stocks were unbroken. When he sent me the links to take a look my response was if you don't buy them I will. Seller was one of those volume dealers that was clueless as to what Century had done.

September 07, 2017, 20:36
I know personally I was bidding on one that still had the butthole but was mostly Aussie and had a Hythe on it, with the Imbel receiver. Was worth in parts considerably more than I was bidding, but funds were light while paying for a wedding at the time; for some reason my fiance' found that more important.

Couldn't do this :motorboating: with this :fal: so... you know.

September 07, 2017, 20:47

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/692043682 (my auction)

They assembled mix master Brit parts on Indian sear cut receivers. These were the last of the LEO rifles.

September 07, 2017, 23:52
... Any near NOS parts matching StGs ever get assembled on Imbels or Argies?

I have an StG assembled by Century on an IMBEL, all matching parts, unused as far as I could tell. All Steyr ovals, including HTS. Bolt, carrier, lower, barrel S/N 60393.

Beautiful rifle, but the beavers painted the buttstock... :whistling: