PDA

View Full Version : G1 Buttstock

bassettjm
June 18, 2002, 07:35
Last week I recieved a G1 buttstock from Moses and it is a very fine piece, beautiful grain, perfect fit and very clean lines. I just wanted to show my satisfaction and appreciation for an excellent job, Thanks Moses!!!
Now I just need a new pistol grip and she'll be too pretty to shoot. (Yeah right):)

bassettjm
June 18, 2002, 13:37
I just ordered my wooden grip fro Dan @ VOW, now I sit and wait on the BBT

vegeta
June 18, 2002, 14:27
I got my wood from TAPCO and that is some beautiful furniture.
Bill hand picked the kit for me last week and sent me a premium pistol grip and butstock. no cracks no holes and no dings.
the set looked almost as nice as the set on the G-1 on the cover of the newest catalog. all I need is to finish putting on the poly and I am done.

redneck whitesox PBR
June 18, 2002, 15:07
I have a Ironwood Walnut grip and it is very nice

bassettjm
June 18, 2002, 21:39
Hey Vegeta, You mean on the cover of FAC? I can't remember if it was Tapco or FAC, but that is a sweet looking G1 Is it not?

gunsmith_tony
June 19, 2002, 21:03
Referring to this?

vegeta
June 19, 2002, 21:40
yup thats the one!

I wonder if the final clear on that wood was sprayed or hand applied though?
judging by the high gloss I would say sprayed. mine is all hand rubbed stain and my poly coats are being rubbed on with a lint free rag. so far I have about 6 coats on it and may do the last coat with a spayer to get the even gloss finish.
that rifle sure does look good though. I hope my rifle looks that nice when its finished. Bill was saying they wanted to photograph it for a future catalog cover when its finished so I want it to look as good so I don't embarass myself nation-wide hehe.

gunsmith_tony
June 19, 2002, 22:21
Hell...FAL's are like women in at least one respect...wors't one I've had wasn't too bad. lol :D