PDA

View Full Version : Threading a inch pattern barrel

JD42
September 02, 2017, 19:37
Hi I am about to have a local gunsmith thread my barrel for the std. inch flash hider. What is the thread size? Any help would be great!

OLDMANPBK
September 02, 2017, 19:42
9/16-24 Right hand thread.

4markk
September 02, 2017, 20:05
Personally I'd send it to one of the guys on this site. They know the proper thread / pitch / timing. Not to mention, you'll need the key cut.

Is the barrel on or off the receiver?

JD42
September 02, 2017, 20:08
The barrel is on the reciver. I am thinking off keeping it simple and haveing the barrel threaded and have the flash hider just rockset in place.

JD42
September 02, 2017, 20:32
PS it is a early century on a imbreal reciver with org. Chrome lined barrel.

FUUN063
September 04, 2017, 18:08
Check an original barrel, as I believe there is a reduction in diameter just behind the flashhider for about 2" (don't quote me) to clear the "skirt" of the standard Inch type flashhider. I don't have one in front of me for checking/measuring, though.

Leland
:fal:

gunplumber
September 04, 2017, 18:55
Check an original barrel, as I believe there is a reduction in diameter just behind the flashhider for about 2" (don't quote me) to clear the "skirt" of the standard Inch type flashhider. I don't have one in front of me for checking/measuring, though.

Leland
:fal:

This, you'll have to set the step back another 1/2" as well. While it can be done by hand, I made a fixture for spinning the barreled receiver together.

keyway cut for the key, and of course, the correct timing washer.

If you're going to pay someone, I charge $125 + ship.

demonstrated here.

https://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/notes/notes-fal-tut-thumbhole/notes-fal-tut-thumbhole.html