PDA

View Full Version : CAC 45-1 INFORMATION

BAUDER BUNCH
August 29, 2017, 18:41
HELP! I have CAC 45-1 1911 type 45acp that is missing the firing pin. Parts available or photo breakdown? Possibly a connection to some parts. Anything would be great. Thanks - Gary

BAUDER BUNCH
September 12, 2017, 14:20
Thanks everyone who has spent any time looking at this request. No reply is not unexpected. It is a beautiful gun otherwise. I am not giving up yet!

CG&L
September 12, 2017, 17:34
What you have is a rare pistol. Financing, quality control and a few other problems doomed the gun from the beginning. There really are no parts available.
A lot of them are missing a safety and you already know why. The little screw backs out

Your best bet would be buying another CAC. It'll be missing parts as well but it might have a firing pin.

Even if you can get the gun to run most of the time, firing the gun will only wear out parts that you won't be able to replace

MAINER
September 12, 2017, 17:51
Interesting Gat you have there. Quite a rare bird too it seems. Is yours a Mossy or a Carson?

Sorry, no help with a firing pin, hard enough to find the pistol. much less parts.
I am going to assume the standard 1911 FP is not going to work. Is yours broken or missing?
A broken pin could likely be duplicated by one of the savvy lathe type fellows.

For the curious, but lazy...

BAUDER BUNCH
September 19, 2017, 17:58
Thanks everyone. I was gone a couple of days. Yes the firing pin is missing. I have it at a gunsmith right now checking it out for fabrication of a pin. Yes it is not anything like a 1911 of any production that he knows of. We will see where this takes me.