PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Knob Creek shoot interviews

Bubacus
August 13, 2017, 11:14
Dug this out of the old VHS pile and thought some of the "old timers" might like a glimpse back into Class III world circa 1988. Might be some people you recognize from way back. Some interesting interviews talking about the Ameli Machine gun, Skorpion, Tippman M2 in .22 magnum, old supressor shoots, and some other interesting stuff. The interviews start around the 40 second mark.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6rWwDThhocU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pre1989
August 13, 2017, 13:41
Interesting ...A year before the Bush 1 import ban and only a few years after the 86 ban on civi full auto

Must be intersting to be there ..Were people thinking this MAC10 I bought for 100 bucks in 87 or 86 will be worth 10k down the road ?

hueyville
August 17, 2017, 08:25
There is still room for us non Bill Gates types. Ruger AC556's can still be found reasonable as well as MAC's and several less desirable foreign machine guns. As the number of upper tier machine guns decrease due to theft, fire, KaBooms, people wanting in increases then the less expensive units will take off. Got my M11's and AC 556 back at an age when my dad had to do the paperwork so seen a lot of appreciation. AN AC556 is available in local estate and they have seen online sales prices but as contact auction companies and brokers the commission and fees part may have then motivated to sell locally and it looks like new inside with a few vault marks externally. Any luck and will add to the Ruger collection. The GB's got away from me as two guys went toe to toe on Gunbroker for them and paid over market and the semi auto GB's had been run hard unlike the AC556.

K. Funk
August 17, 2017, 15:00
I paid 5700 for my AC556 only a few years ago. Just shy of 2x now.

krf

Sampson1986
August 17, 2017, 18:48
There is still room for us non Bill Gates types. Ruger AC556's can still be found reasonable as well as MAC's and several less desirable foreign machine guns.

In my opinion, an M2 Carbine is one of the best options for an entry -level transferable machine gun. I love the shit out of mine. :biggrin:

I want my AR to have a giggle switch but am having a hard time finding a Lightning Link - eveything else is just too much for my cheap ass. I may just end up with an AC556 instead.

pre1989
August 17, 2017, 23:35
Problem I see with the above ( ie why they are cheep )

1. Ammo 30 carbine is way pricy now unless you reload pro why the M2 dont go for much ..Or for the WW2 guns save maybe 762 tok most are rare and hard to find now ..Ie 765 french long or most of the Japan or Italy full auto stuff ammo is hard to find often of poor quilty and not cheep .
2. Parts FNC for a long time ( maybe still) went for decent price even though they were a close to M16 rifle ...Reason I would guess is ever try to find parts for them ....Same with a lot of FA gun parts can be un fun to find or for people to repair them

See how Ruger wont fix the AC556 any more so you have to hope you can find a parts kit to slavge off of or find someone to make something ..Neither fun ( again why I dont own a AC556 when I went looking for full auto

fly2.0
August 21, 2017, 14:49
Wow , O' Kenny sure looked different in the flick . :D

hueyville
August 22, 2017, 08:55
In my opinion, an M2 Carbine is one of the best options for an entry -level transferable machine gun. I love the shit out of mine. :biggrin:

I want my AR to have a giggle switch but am having a hard time finding a Lightning Link - eveything else is just too much for my cheap ass. I may just end up with an AC556 instead.

The new Franklin Armory Gen 3 binary trigger is so fast and can be found for $350. 90%+ people see the occasional mag dump are sure it's full auto. Same with some of the three position bump triggers. Can't believe ATF approved them, will save the paperwork and expense on the M16, M4 and AR 10 rifles and be happy with the new fast non NFA triggers.

Sampson1986
August 25, 2017, 16:37
The new Franklin Armory Gen 3 binary trigger is so fast and can be found for $350. 90%+ people see the occasional mag dump are sure it's full auto. Same with some of the three position bump triggers. Can't believe ATF approved them, will save the paperwork and expense on the M16, M4 and AR 10 rifles and be happy with the new fast non NFA triggers.

I've seen those in videos. I kinda want one of the HK triggers that are coming out in the next month.