PDA

View Full Version : Review - DSA - FAL Receiver Magazine Fit Test

gunplumber
August 12, 2017, 14:21
It was difficult to convey the issues I have experienced with DSA receivers and mag fit, using still photos.

So an associate came by this morning and we shot this short video to demonstrate.

This is the shit I have to deal with almost every day - conclude from it what you will.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.21%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pg9ZlQPYQfc?ecver=2" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="641" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

meltblown
August 12, 2017, 14:51
"DSA magazines suck" :D Good video.

OLDMANPBK
August 12, 2017, 14:54
Now that DSA can see the problem with their own eyes I'm sure they'll recall all the defective receivers. :rolleyes:

kotengu
August 12, 2017, 15:22
"Fail"

Pretty much sums it up.

pl521
August 12, 2017, 15:39
Mark - Thanks for sharing the video. I didn't realize the DSA magazine fit problem was that bad. Frustrating to say the least.

RG Coburn
August 12, 2017, 16:42
Hey....how come you ain't gray..like the rest of us?

gunplumber
August 12, 2017, 16:51
Hey....how come you ain't gray..like the rest of us?

I have three gray hair on the top of my head (coincidentally, they appeared when I met my ex). And my beard is starting to get two gray patches. I don't think I'll be going bald any time soon.

meltblown
August 12, 2017, 17:37
I I don't think I'll be going bald any time soon.

I didnt either at your age. 50s seems to be where you'll know or not. I love my wife we got married 3 years ago and my hair loss became geometrically increased

4x401
August 13, 2017, 21:53
Always appreciate the truth that comes out of ARS, thank you.

I think the video would have been a wee bit better had you shown the mags were loaded.... not that I don't believe they were. I saw glimpses of what looked like cartridges.. :angel:

Thorack
August 14, 2017, 04:41
Well,

I wonder if new DSA assembled guns leave the DSA facility with the same issues? Either the guns leave the DSA facility screwed up, demonstrating they have no QC or they allready know the issues and simply dont fix the stripped receivers they ship.

Not good either way.

Thorack

raexcct2
August 15, 2017, 01:18
This sucks.

gunplumber
August 18, 2017, 13:14
And the "SLR" prefix L1A1

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418209

gunplumber
September 01, 2017, 09:36
Daniel Lombard, (R1shooter) DSA Rep: "(Mr. Graham) has a vendetta against DSA, he is a clown and has no skills to back up His bullshitt claims, he has posted some stupid videos and they are a lie"

DSAInc We have determined a small number of receivers have had the engagement lockup area machined in an incorrect location, being too high. This would not enable the magazine to be rotated fully into the locked position.

apparently, DSA needs to get their story straight.