PDA

View Full Version : inch barrel installation

Z28-427
June 17, 2002, 09:05
I built a metric gun with good results. Argentine new open ear gas block barrel. entreprise arms type 1 receiver and dsa refinished parts kit. I am going to build a inch gun with a old inch parts kit I have laying around collecting rust and dust. Could someone tell me about barrel installation, timing spacer etc.. Do the washers come in different sizes, and which size should I get. I assume the rest of the gun should go together like a metric rifle. Thank You

kotengu
June 17, 2002, 09:36
The only difference is the breaching washer. In an ideal "armourer's world" you'd have a selection of washers on your bench (they come in many different sizes) and choose the correct washer in order to time your barrel to the correct place when hand-tight (instead of fooling with shaving the barrel shoulder like with the metric).

In my world I just lay some 400 wet or dry on a piece of glass and wet-sand the washer until I get a good hand-tight timing. So far I've been lucky enough to get washers bigger than what I needed, so sanding them down was not a problem.

Good luck!