PDA

View Full Version : Nice Swede $450

Walther Rathenau
August 08, 2017, 21:32
Oberndorf Swede. This is definitely a replacement stock, right? Does the finish on the rear sight look different? I think it's about $30 too much, but I'm looking for opinions.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/679849902

mack1611
August 08, 2017, 22:26
is it numbers matching?
Can you read the disk on the stock to see how the bore is rated?

Love me some Swedes

Walther Rathenau
August 08, 2017, 22:37
I'm assuming that you wont get any response until business hours. That's why I posted here. I assume that any rifle, no matter what condition, could have had parts thrown in a bucket.

1911Ron
August 09, 2017, 12:32
is it numbers matching?
Can you read the disk on the stock to see how the bore is rated?

Love me some Swedes

I've stopped using the disk to judge a rifle as those readings are from when the rifle was last graded by a Swedish army armorer, so who knows how many rounds since then has changed those readings? Plus if the stock or disk for that matter has been replaced who knows when?

Riversidesports
August 09, 2017, 15:20
I have seen very few of the early Antique era 94' carbines or 96' rifles that were still fully matching guns, I doubt this one is.

Being pre 1899 manufacture and an unregulated Antique bears a premium that overcomes the common mismatching on these early guns
Same is true with Nagants and English Lee rifles.

It's a serious thing for some buyers.

alphadog58
August 10, 2017, 11:41
Could very well be an original stock. Looking real hard at the disc the #1 looks punched. Agree that it might not be a true indicator of bore condition. I have an 1899 Carl Gustav matching numbers. Every part is numbered even the handguard bands.
Larry