PDA

View Full Version : CA compliant L1A1

SAFN49
August 02, 2017, 13:46
CA compliant L1A1 for a member here. Finished it up today.
Mag blocked to 10 rds, clear fin, and thread protector so mag release can stay
Clear fin was thermoformed so the Yellowhand wood PG wouldn't be hidden.

What say the files?

http://i.imgur.com/Ffhugnk.jpg (http://imgur.com/Ffhugnk)

Stu
August 02, 2017, 14:01
this picture makes bay Jesus cry :facepalm:

Ronin6.8
August 02, 2017, 17:30
Nice work, I'm glad that I don't live there, I worked there back in 89 to 90 be for the dick-tators started bubbling to the surface

Danielsand
August 02, 2017, 17:36
Looks like the sling is mounted incorrectly.:cool:

SAFN49
August 02, 2017, 17:53
Looks like the sling is mounted incorrectly.:cool:

I'll fix it just for you tomorrow :wink:

NFADLR
August 02, 2017, 17:58
IMO the mag would need to be filled with epoxy or something so if an attempt to reverse the limitation is made the magazine would be ruined.

The PG find is interesting, it's too bad monsterman didn't produce a grip in the style of his AR monsterman grip.

SAFN49
August 02, 2017, 18:25
IMO the mag would need to be filled with epoxy or something so if an attempt to reverse the limitation is made the magazine would be ruined.

The PG find is interesting, it's too bad monsterman didn't produce a grip in the style of his AR monsterman grip.

The mag does have a blocker in it and the floor plate is welded to the body.

It is not readily or easily convertible, so if it was reversed I would consider it junk.

4markk
August 02, 2017, 19:01
and "Tom Mix wept" :cry:

My son lives in LA, so I can relate. Glad you are supporting our brothers behind enemy lines!!!!!

SAFN49
August 02, 2017, 19:25
and "Tom Mix wept" :cry:

My son lives in LA, so I can relate. Glad you are supporting our brothers behind enemy lines!!!!!

I have no problem sell to the brothers behind the line. So far MD, NJ and now CA.

People or companies that do not ship to the people in need are misguided and not supporting the shooting sports.

I did the custom fin for free with some scrap material I had laying around.
Took about 5 min.

Forgot the 10 rd NY Sten mags I did. They kinda looked like these but straight. https://www.wlarms.com/product-p/st2.htm

yellowhand
August 02, 2017, 21:32
that's nice!:bow::bow:

SAFN49
August 03, 2017, 18:46
Back up for sale. The buyer backed out after doing internet research and is afraid this might be a rebuilt machine gun. :facepalm:

xtremerange
August 03, 2017, 19:25
Is this the LEO Indian L1A1 you had on GB?

SAFN49
August 03, 2017, 19:31
Is this the LEO Indian L1A1 you had on GB?

Yes it is.

and just to stop the disinformation about these rifles L1A1's were never machine guns. The ATF allowed Century to import L1A1's and sell directly to LEO's during the ban years. They were the LEO's personal property. The LEO's could not sell them during the ban to civilians with the evil flash hider and bayonet mount. The bbl would have to be neutered or the FH removed and thread protector pinned in place.

After the sunset of the AWB the LEO's could sell their personal property to whom ever they choose.

These are treated no differently than any other sear cut Steyr or GSI that was imported and sold.

mp
August 03, 2017, 21:13
I think I might have a fake inch flash hider in my box o spare parts. That thread protector must go.

SAFN49
August 03, 2017, 21:38
I think I might have a fake inch flash hider in my box o spare parts. That thread protector must go.

It's back to normal. I only did the conversion for a guy in CA. You may want to try to sell the fake FH to some one in CA

http://i.imgur.com/UaztKiY.jpg (http://imgur.com/UaztKiY)

yellowhand
August 03, 2017, 21:38
At one time, Gunplumber had made up some fake flash suppressors for these as well, not sure if he has any more though.

garandguy10
August 06, 2017, 11:29
State of California DOJ may have issues with the sear cut receiver seeing how they have issues with just about any thing that could be considered a weapon.

Not that I am excusing a Cali resident from thinking he could import and possess such a thing.......

hueyville
August 08, 2017, 08:46
Like the clear acrylic "fin". From a distance or displayed in gun cabinet will look much more original. Only way I would move to California is special carry permit, $10 million tax free, paid for house, paid for truck, maintenance contract on both, legal defense fund covering any potential litigation, have my mail forwarded back to Georgia and fly in a couple times a year to vote. And free airfare for flying out to cast my vote. Rest of year would be on vacation back east...

nounnoun
August 08, 2017, 12:23
Makes me glad I don't live in California; sad I won't have the money to snatch this thing up and save it any further potential harm for another few weeks.

L1A1 lover
August 11, 2017, 20:33
I am looking for a fake inch pattern flash hider. Let me know how much?

Stu
August 12, 2017, 01:59
At one time, Gunplumber had made up some fake flash suppressors for these as well, not sure if he has any more though.

As the proud owner of a GP L1A1 that was made during the AWB I can tell you that the FS is an original but it is sleeved. I think he said he used a section of automotive brake line that is the correct diameter that fits exactly inside the FH and because the whole thing is silver soldered to the bbl it can't come off. With the black finish on the rifle you really can't tell it is on there. The bayonet lug was also ground down enough that it cannot accept a bayonet. I do recall that during the AWB, someone did make L1A1 FS that had slots that did not go all the way through so they were not technically a FS.

Geez....I remember those dark days.. ARs with naked bbls or mini-y comp/brakes. Butthole stocks on FALs. $70 Glock mags. Silver solder. I remember going to Dragon Man Arms 13 Sep 2004 to celebrate the end of the AWB. I remember some reporter from the local paper showing up and asking Mel (owner) a few questions the the ban. I honestly thought it would never end. I should have bought more surplus .30 cal back then - $130/1000 for Port from Aim Surplus.

Sadly I have not shot the rifle since 2003 as I have been in Germany since Dec 2004 thus it is still in AWB config :o . I promise it will be debanned at some point; just on principle.

bigstick61
August 12, 2017, 04:33

There is no legal requirement to go that far. There is no need to use epoxy, rivets, welds, etc. A magazine block that is lasting and cannot be removed or disabled without disassembly of the magazine meets the letter of the law. Permanent does not meant totally irreversible. The other stuff may be desirable to some as extra CYA stuff.