PDA

View Full Version : L1A1 update

jlo82585
July 30, 2017, 19:27
got back out to the range today and i'm happy to report I had zero light primer strikes after cleaning the crap out of the rifle last week. after getting about 150 rounds through her there are only a few things I have issues with.

the trigger is terrible, even for a milsurp rifle, I am guessing its around 10-15lbs, easily twice as bad as my mosin nagant, and mosins are know for having terrible triggers. it breaks clean its just an excessive amount of force required for it to go bang. I was eyeballing this

www.falconarms.com/fnfal-metric-trigger-pull-reduction-kit-new

any use one of these and will this work in a my L1a1 as its inch pattern?

the rear sight seems to be a bit wobbly left to right, maybe a 1/8 in movement in either direction, it doesn't rattle but it cant be helping accuracy, I was having a hard time getting the rifle to group at 150 yards and I feel like this could be the culprit. I will probably just go for a DSarms picatinny cover and get an optic for it.

the recoil doesn't bother me unless ive shot the mosin nagant the same day but my nephew was scared to shoot it more than once, im sure hes just being a pansy but is there any kind of rubber butt-pad they make to go onto the l1a1 plastic stock? all I can find are pads for the metal butt-plate metric stock

Arby
July 30, 2017, 19:56
The metric springs and the inch springs for fire control parts are different, so no, the Falcon metric springs won't work.

Are you using the original hammer, trigger & sear, or replacement parts?
There should be some good tips on reducing trigger pull in the archives. Mark (Gunplumber) has posted some really good info in the past.

As for the recoil: have you tried adjusting the gas? If the rifle is over gassed you will be experiencing more recoil than necessary.

jlo82585
July 30, 2017, 20:47
The metric springs and the inch springs for fire control parts are different, so no, the Falcon metric springs won't work.

Are you using the original hammer, trigger & sear, or replacement parts?
There should be some good tips on reducing trigger pull in the archives. Mark (Gunplumber) has posted some really good info in the past.

As for the recoil: have you tried adjusting the gas? If the rifle is over gassed you will be experiencing more recoil than necessary.

awesome i will look up his stuff, as far as the gas, I have it set on 7 and it flings the brass pretty good but every 15th or so round the brass would fling weak almost onto my lap so I didn't try knocking it down any farther.