PDA

View Full Version : Century N-PAP?

Incognito
July 28, 2017, 12:06
Never been a big fan of Century products; in fact I have always steered clear of them. But I have known some friends who have owned some Century WASRs and they appeared to be OK. What about this N-PAP? It is advertised to be built in the same plant that built the Yugoslavian AKs. If they are build over there, I assume Century still has to put a barrel, receiver, and a few US made parts to make it compliant? Does anyone have any direct experience with these rifles? Should I just move on to something else or are these decent for the money? I understand that they are about $439 after a mail in rebate right now.

Also, I'm no expert on the Yugo AKs. Other than the BHO functionality, is there anything about them that makes them unique? Do they take standard stocks that the rest of the E. European AK's use?

Thanks!

pre1989
July 28, 2017, 12:10
Ak operatort on YT made it run to 5k but I think after that it had issues and was put out of action ..The harder to find Opap is a litter heavier in the trunion

But for the price the Npap are now I would still go for ..Just note the old models had boot padle stocks that some did not like the new models have WSARish stock

The Npap are just normal in terms of set up just the handguard and stocks are unique to them

HankC
July 28, 2017, 21:41
What about this N-PAP? ------ I understand that they are about $439 after a mail in rebate right now.

Thanks!

Where? That is price 5 yrs ago.

Eyeguy
July 28, 2017, 22:46
Where? That is price 5 yrs ago.

Gunprodeals. Good price with flat rate $14.95 shipping.

https://www.gunprodeals.com/products/tactical-century-n-pap-787450220782

$425 after $50 mail in rebate. Rebate ends Aug 1. Saw the detail on the rebate in an email received yesterday. Doesn't list the rebate on the site. May have to call customer service for info.

HankC
July 29, 2017, 12:14
Found rebate form here

https://www.centuryarms.com/rebate

croftonaviation
July 29, 2017, 18:56
Got some at work. Half have mag well issues. Buy accordingly.

Southern 7.62
August 29, 2017, 20:02
For what it's worth, I took a Century N PAP DF to the range this past week. This rifle was ordered this year from Classic Arms and included the Century $50 rebate. This was a first time shoot for me with this rifle. Weather was clear, 85F. Ammo used was old Wolf Lacquer coated 7.6239 FMJHP. These rounds had the primer sealant on primer and bullet to casing area. 150 rounds fired using Magpul, Korean, Polish, and Tapco orange mags. All mags were 30 round capacity. Weapon fired flawless with no jams or failure to feed. Weapon sighted in fine with some adjustments for elevation and windage to front sight. Hits on 12inch x 12 inch steel plate were fine at 100 yards off hand, as long as I did my part. Barrel seemed to heat up a bit faster than with a chrome lined barrel, as this weapon has a non chrome lined barrel. Other than that, I was happy with it. This particular rifle looks well constructed. Hope this helps.