PDA

View Full Version : "IE.A.I." Receiver?

Adventurer_96
June 16, 2002, 11:50
Here's the ad from KY Imports in their latest catalog:

"Parkerized Finish Milled Receiver made in U.S.A. by IE.A.I. under license of FN. Metric. Type 03 style less machine operations. Ejector Block Installed. All FAL receivers are for use only as spare parts. Any barreling should be done by qualified gunsmith only.

$239.99

I haven't found anything with a search on this. Does anyone know who makes these? IIRC, no US company is licensed by FN to make the receivers. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Mosin Guy
June 16, 2002, 11:56
Entreprise Arms out of California,and NO its not under License of FN,there good recivers for the MONEY but they have a very spotty reputation for being the same as far as quality goes from one batch of recievers to the next,I have one on my STG kit,but there were a few problems I had to work out to get it to work right.HTH

m1shooter
June 16, 2002, 11:58
Ky Imports a little weird to deal with.
You have to call them. their ads are not always available.
Bait and switch maybe,,,,,,,
oh no they couldn't do that... that's not legal.
lol

ratas calientes
June 16, 2002, 18:21
Entreprise? Oh No!!! Run, Adventurer, RUN RUN !!!!! Find someone who sells IMBEL. Unless, of course, you want a "file to fit" fixer upper. Then by all means, get the Entreprise. :p

Really, though, I have assembled only two, both on Entreprise, both gave me grief. I got sucked in by the fancy advertizing and lower price. Never again.

Later -

Ratas

Nicco
June 16, 2002, 19:21
The Dealer Warehouse out of Modesto CA. IMBEL Gear Logo receiver $238.50+$8.00 S&H

Nicco
June 16, 2002, 19:22
:( Sorry 209-545-2800

Adventurer_96
June 16, 2002, 23:58
Wow, that's an Entreprise receiver? I couldn't crack the "IE.A.I" code, I should have known. I guess I'll just stick with the idea of getting a FAC Type 1 for a G1 build. It's all about aesthetics really, I'll wait and get a gear logo receiver for my Dan's build in a few months but I just can't see putting it on a G1. I know, I should just get over it...:rolleyes:

I think I have a knack for finding the tough ones to work on. Guess what receiver is going to arrive this week? Century L1A1. So, it seems I've got fitting ahead of me regardless.

Thanks again for the tips.