PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Armory Bush Rifle

ScottFN308
June 16, 2002, 07:59
I have a Springfield Armory Bush Rifle that I bought new in 1988, I want to get another, but can't find one. Can anyone help me? Also does anyone know what the serial no. range is ? My serial no. is 12xxx I have not seen one lower ( I'm sure the are lower ones). This gun came factory with standard stock, short barrel, cleaning kit, BFA, and 2 - 20 rds mags in the grn/ wht Springfield box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xtremerange
June 16, 2002, 12:03
Springfield has renamed it the Scout Rifle. The main differences are it does not come with a flash hider, only with a muzzle break. It also comes with a "scout" style scope mount attached to the barrel right in front of the chamber. Otherwise it is about the same.

I bought a Scout rifle last year and the serial number was 130XXX.

HTH.

Michael64
June 16, 2002, 12:07
Think that he is referring to the SAR48 rifle and not the M1A rifle.

Springfield called there SAR48 with the short barrel the "bush" rifle.

ScottFN308
June 16, 2002, 12:58
Michael64 Yes I was refering to the SAR-48. Sorry, my mistake for leaving that out.

DK
June 16, 2002, 13:24
The SAR48 Bush rifle's's are quite rare. I had one and traded it off in a moment of temporary insanity to which I have a recurring bent, but I digress. I've only seen one other come up for sale on the various boards in the last year or so, so it might be difficult to land a real one. They can be faked by simply cutting the barrel back, or by adding a factory Imbel para barrel that various merchants are selling these days.
If you do find one advertised and are interested in it, I would verify it's original configuration from Springfield via the serial number before I layed out premium bucks for it (for the above listed reasons ;) )

DK