PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie L1a1, a few questions

stearmandriver
July 13, 2017, 22:55
So I bought a L1a1 kit several years ago and am finally getting around to finishing the project. A have a DSA receiver and a new barrel from a a company I can't remember.
1. The barrel has reverse threads for the flash hider. What are my options for installing the original flash hider that has normal threads?
2. As far as timing the barrel, I think I need a thicker washer. The one I have is .058 , however if I screw the barrel on without the washer until it lines up, the gap seems to be .100 . Where can I get a .100 washer?

tdb59
July 14, 2017, 00:16
That does not sound like an L1A1 barrel.

Breech threads are .060" per revolution, so your .100" gap is in excess of 1 full turn.

What type of gas block is on this barrel ?

stearmandriver
July 14, 2017, 04:35
All my l1a1 parts fit, except the flash hider. How far will the barrel turn from hand tight to torqued? Should I just send it to someone who is a bit more practiced than I, and whom might that be?

OLDMANPBK
July 14, 2017, 11:11
http://i.imgur.com/7kaVb0ul.jpg
The top gas block is metric the bottom is inch. Can you screw the barrel all the way in so that the barrel shoulder touches the face of the receiver?

stearmandriver
July 15, 2017, 15:08
No, the barrel doesn't seem to touch like you said. When I screw it in as far as it will go it stops with a bit of a gap. As for the gas block, it came off of an Australian inch l1a1. The new barrel that I got has reverse threads for the flash hider

OLDMANPBK
July 15, 2017, 17:59
So if you turn the barrel in all the way until the breech face touches the inside shoulder of the receiver and then back the barrel out until the front sight is straight up, you have a .100 gap between the face of the receiver and the barrel shoulder?