PDA

View Full Version : imbel in 22lr.

sear
June 16, 2002, 00:10
over at sarco i spied an imbel fal fullsize rifle in .22lr for 2500.00
imbel recv.pac22 marked fullsize mag w/22lr insert body.
they claim 5 in the country.......are they off their rockers or is the value there??????
did these come in at the time of the last clinton ban??

Mr pogo
June 16, 2002, 00:24
Sarco got them from Dealers Warehouse, they were imported end of 2000 or in 2001. Hard to say on price, they are rare but worth that much $$$ ?

donker
June 16, 2002, 19:40
I don't have my magazine library with me to look it up (in Houston). But in the late 80's I believe several Brazilian .22 FAL's were imported. Basically a .22 SAR-48. They were very barrel heavy b/c they used barrels with the original contour. If I recall some were full auto as well.

I'd love it if someone could come up with a .22 kit with a .22 barrel, bolt, magazine insert and whatever parts needed to make it work. Maybe with an aluminum surrounded steel barrel to save weight.

FWRA
June 16, 2002, 20:30
That is a bunch of money for a .22 caliber FAL. Having said that. at the $700+ I spent for my '76 C1A1 .22 conversion kit (H&K) coupled with the $1000+ I'll have in my completed Aussie build that really doesn't sound too out of line.

If only a few were imported, they sure aren't going to drop in value. ;)

I guess it just depends on how much you are willing to invest in this FAL building/collection hobby (addiction). Lord knows it's killin' me! :D

FWRA

sear
June 16, 2002, 21:08
it sure had a nice heft to it...same weight as a 308.
had the nicest finish on it,like a dsa.real clean assembly.
i think the mags are non existent.
2500.00 is ridiculous.....does anybody know what they were retailing for originally??surfed around can`t find any thing.

Falcon
June 16, 2002, 22:13
21st edition(1989-p159) of Guns Illustrated has one listed under
Springfield Armory as the Model 22, 22LR trainer...$760.

Mr pogo
June 16, 2002, 23:20
Originally posted by sear
imbel recv.pac22 marked fullsize mag w/22lr insert...

If its PAC marked its Dealers Warehouse, like I said he imported a few within the last couple years and apparently sold them to Sarco.

I doubt very few if any of the Springfield Armory 22 trainers made it in country, I think the 89 ban made them revise their lineup.

sear
June 17, 2002, 17:57
i have not asked,but ithink this is the only one SARCO got.

i`m tempted ...........i`d offer definately a grand but what about the mags???????:rolleyes: :confused: :D

FWRA
June 17, 2002, 18:06
I jumped on their website and saw no mention of the "mystery .22 cal FAL".

Thank God...... :D

FWRA

prosecond
June 17, 2002, 19:19
I know where there is a .22 long rifle style FAL. It is definately not an Imbel. It reminds me of a .22 ak or ar15 sold by Jeager. It has wood furniture and the barrel has slots cut into it for a flash hider. It even has a wood carry handle. The problem is it has no magazine. The price is reasonable but I just can't make up my mind. Anybody know anything about these and where could I get a magazine or two?

sear
June 17, 2002, 19:31
its on the floor,maybe i`m enamored by it or something...it is a naked barrel and has 1/4" red/blue inspection stickers on the recv.but i know sarco sells stuff for ridiculous prices........
like the venezualan fn49 for 1000.0 mint cond.
or worse,an ohio ordnance bar ww1 type for at least 3800.00 semiauto.
alot of the stuff has questionable provenance so to speak.
it is somewhat "known" from people that have worked there that things have been "fixed" to previously unknown configurations.mostly because of all the various parts they carry.
everything i bought from them has been straight ,this is just what my ears pick up.

sear
June 17, 2002, 19:40
FWRA: if you are a man of means(read money) and you saw this thing you would jump on it cause it is probably the nicest quality imbel type i have ever seen.
oh,whats another thousand dollars anyway??????:eek:

FWRA
June 17, 2002, 20:52
Originally posted by sear
FWRA: if you are a man of means(read money) and you saw this thing you would jump on it cause it is probably the nicest quality imbel type i have ever seen.
oh,whats another thousand dollars anyway??????:eek:

OK,OK! So where can this be seen?

Nicest quality Imbel you've ever seen, eh? Type I though....for sure? Not some "parts and pieces" parts abomination, right? I mean, Sarco didn't "build" these from parts?

Man of means...oh yeah! (as soon as my unemployment insurance kicks in) :)

Someone hit the nail on the head, Sarco has some of the highest priced "like brand new"..."rare"....."just one of" firearms in the business.

I'm sure they'd jump at an offer of $900 on these rare Imbel .22's though. Sure....

FWRA

Mr pogo
June 18, 2002, 02:59
Originally posted by prosecond
I know where there is a .22 long rifle style FAL. It is definately not an Imbel. It reminds me of a .22 ak or ar15 sold by Jeager. It has wood furniture and the barrel has slots cut into it for a flash hider. It even has a wood carry handle. The problem is it has no magazine. The price is reasonable but I just can't make up my mind. Anybody know anything about these and where could I get a magazine or two?

Sarco had 5 Imbel .22s advertised the past year in their SGN ad, IIRC around a half dozen or slightly more were imported.

Only countries that I know of that made Fals in .22 are Brazil, England and Germany. Germany made various special fals or kits like the HK and Erma .22 conversion kits, plastic training ammo conversion kits and this particular .22 trainer.

prosecond
June 20, 2002, 16:04
Mr. Pogo,
Nice picture. Thanks for the info. Do you know what these were selling for? The one I saw looked more like a FAL than the one you have pictured. Actually it looked more like a L1Al. It had wood handguards.

Mr pogo
June 21, 2002, 02:51
Any .22 complete Fal made in Europe is going to be a rare bird with price to match.
On yours, really hard to say without a pic or markings on the rifle. Heck, maybe it is a made in Phillipines .22 lookalike ;)