PDA

View Full Version : CALIFORNIA AR15 REGULATION COMPLIANCE PRODUCT MAKES ALL OTHERS OBSOLETE

NFADLR
July 10, 2017, 21:47
I just saw this at a gun show this last weekend.

This tends to nuke the newer bullet button.

Let's you leave your std mag release alone.

Does anyone not understand how this works ?
The bar keeps the mag release from opening unless the upper and lower and opened.

http://i.imgur.com/PJYkkcv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zpSF0vu.jpg

The bolt hold open is removed, the small bar installed and your AR 15 is now compliant with California law.
http://i.imgur.com/ILTCvGd.jpg

Parga
July 11, 2017, 00:48
heck of a lot cheaper than the other mag locks. Check out Elemental Arms' new receiver. Also very interesting

TenTea
July 11, 2017, 06:45
Creative compliance, for better or for worse.

gunplumber
July 11, 2017, 08:50
Interesting that one who claims some sort of magical sovereignty from government, marks an image with a copyright ( a federal government granted permission) using a name that is not your own, and would only be valid if it was also a government granted permission (trade name).

That being said, this is the best bullet button.

(I can't see your image because it is twice the size of my computer screen)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a5/U-Haul_Trucks%2C_Stamford%2C_CT_06902%2C_USA_-_Feb_2013.jpg/700px-U-Haul_Trucks%2C_Stamford%2C_CT_06902%2C_USA_-_Feb_2013.jpg

hueyville
July 11, 2017, 09:27
If forced to live in Kali"fornication" would keep a few of Garrands in 30-06, fit all of my M1a's without optics with approriate ten round magazines, make sure stripper clip guides are in place (guess they are becoming popular again) and have huge pile of basic SKS's with at least 1,000 loaded stripper clips at any one time. If Kali legislators watched someone who really practiced loading from top with stripper clips they would immediately outlaw strippers and require stripper clip guides removed or blocked on all rifles. Or have they already done that? My wife can keep her SKS's running faster than most men can swap mags in an AR 15.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2ni2xk9.jpg

Know the twenty round box magazine would have to go in Kali but in a free state that allows anyone to carry almost any weapon anywhere, we have these little rifles stuck everywhere. Not uncommon for me to come home from work and wife to inform me need to go police up the brass on rear deck and get her some more "commie bullets". She can pick from a pair of personal AR's in 5.7×28 with TacCon three position bump trigger, AR's in 5.56 or 6.8, red dot optics, scopes, AK's or whatever but 80% of her personal trigger time is going out on deck with a bag of stripper clips loaded with 160 grain cast bullets and running 100 or so rounds before calling it a session. Her real reason may be she is shes cheap... knows how inexpensive it is to shoot 7.62×39 with cast bullets and is always reminding me to make more "commie bullets" for her "commie guns". I think she prefers a top loader thus why she steals them and gets mad when I sell one.

She is very familiar with AR's, both 5.7×28 top load 50 round mags and 5.56 standard AR's as well as AK's but if she were not internet shy (no Facebook, no twitter, doesn't even do email) would post some videos of her running her "commie guns". Like Colt Diamondbacks and AMT 380 Backups, everyone she finds dissappears into some hiding spot that makes sense to her. She flat out prefers an SKS and a 4" wheelgun. If we moved to Kali other than adjusting to a ten round box instead of twenty she would still be a hazard to upset. An SKS with bag of strippers, her duty belt with 4" Diamondback in 38 special (her duty handgun of choice) with rack of six speed loaders and magazine capacity, pistol grips, blah, blah, blah would mean squat. I just don't see all this twisting up rifles unless have a SHTF big bag o parts buried somewhere which then is a potential legal nightmare in commieland.

If lived in Kali would not be bastardizing AR's and such. Would ship all to a vault in whichever free state relocating to soon as circumstances allowed and just pile up the rifles that best fit the rules of the state. I cannot see an AR with all the neutering required being a better defensive rifle than a pile of Garrands, M1a's and SKS's all set up to feed from stripper clips. In fact a dozen SKS's means no reloads till 120 rounds have been sent down range as oposed to dicking with a convoluted AR every ten shots.

NFADLR
July 11, 2017, 12:37
Hueyville: this isn't a thread about what the alternatives are.

It's about compliance to the moronic laws that the California deep state has enacted.

It's about converting the configuration of your AR15 or FAL, etc.

Please fall into these guidelines or gtfo, KTHXBYE.

If forced to live in Kali"fornication" would keep a few of Garrands in 30-06, fit all of my M1a's without optics with approriate ten round magazines, make sure stripper clip guides are in place (guess they are becoming popular again) and have huge pile of basic SKS's with at least 1,000 loaded stripper clips at any one time. If Kali legislators watched someone who really practiced loading from top with stripper clips they would immediately outlaw strippers and require stripper clip guides removed or blocked on all rifles. Or have they already done that? My wife can keep her SKS's running faster than most men can swap mags in an AR 15.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2ni2xk9.jpg

Know the twenty round box magazine would have to go in Kali but in a free state that allows anyone to carry almost any weapon anywhere, we have these little rifles stuck everywhere. Not uncommon for me to come home from work and wife to inform me need to go police up the brass on rear deck and get her some more "commie bullets". She can pick from a pair of personal AR's in 5.7×28 with TacCon three position bump trigger, AR's in 5.56 or 6.8, red dot optics, scopes, AK's or whatever but 80% of her personal trigger time is going out on deck with a bag of stripper clips loaded with 160 grain cast bullets and running 100 or so rounds before calling it a session. Her real reason may be she is shes cheap... knows how inexpensive it is to shoot 7.62×39 with cast bullets and is always reminding me to make more "commie bullets" for her "commie guns". I think she prefers a top loader thus why she steals them and gets mad when I sell one.

She is very familiar with AR's, both 5.7×28 top load 50 round mags and 5.56 standard AR's as well as AK's but if she were not internet shy (no Facebook, no twitter, doesn't even do email) would post some videos of her running her "commie guns". Like Colt Diamondbacks and AMT 380 Backups, everyone she finds dissappears into some hiding spot that makes sense to her. She flat out prefers an SKS and a 4" wheelgun. If we moved to Kali other than adjusting to a ten round box instead of twenty she would still be a hazard to upset. An SKS with bag of strippers, her duty belt with 4" Diamondback in 38 special (her duty handgun of choice) with rack of six speed loaders and magazine capacity, pistol grips, blah, blah, blah would mean squat. I just don't see all this twisting up rifles unless have a SHTF big bag o parts buried somewhere which then is a potential legal nightmare in commieland.

If lived in Kali would not be bastardizing AR's and such. Would ship all to a vault in whichever free state relocating to soon as circumstances allowed and just pile up the rifles that best fit the rules of the state. I cannot see an AR with all the neutering required being a better defensive rifle than a pile of Garrands, M1a's and SKS's all set up to feed from stripper clips. In fact a dozen SKS's means no reloads till 120 rounds have been sent down range as oposed to dicking with a convoluted AR every ten shots.

MistWolf
July 11, 2017, 17:20
I just saw this at a gun show this last weekend.

This tends to nuke the newer bullet button.

Let's you leave your std mag release alone.

Does anyone not understand how this works ?
The bar keeps the mag release from opening unless the upper and lower and opened.

http://i.imgur.com/PJYkkcv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zpSF0vu.jpg

The bolt hold open is removed, the small bar installed and your AR 15 is now compliant with California law.
http://i.imgur.com/ILTCvGd.jpg

I don't get it

hueyville
July 11, 2017, 17:46
There is no work around for the moronic laws in Kali"fornication" other than leaving or totally rethinking the problem. Popping the rear pivot pin opening the rifle up, swapping magazines, closing rifle, then recharging the weapon is such a convoluted work around I could have Marks option implimented and waving good bye from my wagon train of U-Hauls about as easily. I just could not resist trying this sequence.

Picked up four AR's and did ran the above process. My two 6.8's both have extended rear pivot pins and from tapping the start button on timer managed to unlatch rear pin, open rifle, punch out mag, close rifle, insert fresh mag and racking the charging handle. After several tries got my best time down to 13.72 seconds and I have a real pistol grip to hold. Yes, could spend every evening practicing when do my dry fire drills and likely get it under ten seconds with rest of rifle meeting Kali rules. With my Gen 2+ night vision 5.56 and thermal scoped 5.56 both with standard length pin had to use a bullet to start rear pin out as upper and lower fit is so tight, then slam and squeeze hard to get gun closed and pin pushed back, fresh mag, charge bolt and could not accomplish it in under 20 seconds with either of the big gawky rifles with weight, size and length of suppressors and big light/heat gathering scopes.

Maybe I am missing something but opening up an AR to force mag release to open is a recipe for all kinds of crap to go haywire. Can see pivot pin jump it's retaining pin and fly across room, bolt locked back and rifle won't open, etc. So now it's fabricate a rear release pin that has a tab or grab ring which would easily knock three seconds off my time, modify bolt hold open so bolt doesn't lock back and still it's a convoluted mess. Don't kill the messenger, I didn't suggest these dorky laws Kalifornions live under but if we're to have a home invasion scenario with Zombies that didn't have neutered black rifles because they are criminals to begin with life would be sucking having to half disassemble a rifle to reload it.

Face it, the AR 15 is basically a neutered ten shot rifle then dispose and grab another. Crap, laying in bed with migraine from working in sun all day while still under instructions of no exposure to direct sunlight for another couple days and in rack next to headboard are three AR's because if Zombies kick down door don't intend to swap magazines till the three AR's, the FAL with 30 round mag and the A5 with an 8+1 extended tube all run dry. Then first rifle two rifles will likely have been reloaded by wife, from where she is trained to lay on floor behind cover that will stop 338 AP on her side of the bed, and tossing reloaded rifles back toward me as she gets them back to condition one. There are two MTM magazine boxes on her side one 5.56, other 6.8 and even in total darkness is 100% on getting correct magazine in correct gun. In a SHTF, multiple Zombie situation I just don't see how cracking an AR open to be able to reload it is anywhere as quick as a top loader with strippers. Shooting groups at the range, plinking in yard, etc that would at least be a way to use your AR. But add in the odd pistol grip covers/guards, ten round max capacity then a dozen different totally convoluted ways to reload and the AR is not the defensive or offensive weapon of choice. Yes, this thread will have to drift as I just see way too many other rifles that will leave the venerable AR in the dust if a mag swap or two is required. What are the Kali 3 gun shooters doing? Me, have stated 100 times if said it once, would go back to Paris before cross the state line into California again. Even trying to buy non Kali made firearms accessories just to make a statement. Only legal option to have some semblance of a fighting rifle is a U-Haul or a top loader and stripper clips.

NFADLR
July 11, 2017, 17:58
You are in or depending upon your POV on Utah so it does not really matter if you don't get it.

Think of it like this the small bar that fits into the spot that the BHO was in, when the receiver is closed you can't eject the magazine.

Think about the function of the mag release and realise that with that bar there and the receivers closed together, the roll pin is the fulcrum and passes the force onto the flat space on the upper receiver and will not allow the mag button to be pressed.

Huey, take off.

I don't get it

DK
July 11, 2017, 19:30
That is a really elegant solution. :whiskey:

DK

July 11, 2017, 20:25
looks geh to me.
i am with huey.
i would get a lever action before bastardizing an ar.

MistWolf
July 11, 2017, 21:21
You are in or depending upon your POV on Utah so it does not really matter if you don't get it.

Think of it like this the small bar that fits into the spot that the BHO was in, when the receiver is closed you can't eject the magazine.

Think about the function of the mag release and realise that with that bar there and the receivers closed together, the roll pin is the fulcrum and passes the force onto the flat space on the upper receiver and will not allow the mag button to be pressed.

Huey, take off.

I don't get how it's better than a bullet button. Did they ban bullet buttons?

NFADLR
July 11, 2017, 21:29
Well for one it's real simple, and yes they did ban the original bullet button, now one has to at least partly disassemble the action to remove the magazine and with the newer bullet button the action (upper and lower) must be opened and this item does the same job without the bullet button being attached what so ever, as when the action is opened the hinge part moves out of the way so the mag release button can be pushed and when the action is closed it again restricts the mag release button.

Therefore it does away with the need of a bullet button what so ever.

I don't get how it's better than a bullet button. Did they ban bullet buttons?

Black Blade
July 11, 2017, 22:09
Thankfully I don't live there. Go to visit wife's relatives and some of our friends trapped behind enemy lines and when we go I am breaking the PRK CCW laws.

MistWolf
July 11, 2017, 23:04
Well for one it's real simple, and yes they did ban the original bullet button, now one has to at least partly disassemble the action to remove the magazine and with the newer bullet button the action (upper and lower) must be opened and this item does the same job without the bullet button being attached what so ever, as when the action is opened the hinge part moves out of the way so the mag release button can be pushed and when the action is closed it again restricts the mag release button.

Therefore it does away with the need of a bullet button what so ever.

Hmm... The original bullet button is less of a hassle

hueyville
July 12, 2017, 08:12
Interesting that one who claims some sort of magical sovereignty from government, marks an image with a copyright ( a federal government granted permission) using a name that is not your own, (Trim) That being said, this is the best bullet button.
(I can't see your image because it is twice the size of my computer screen)

Dunno why people can't resize pictures or trim posts when they quote them but that's a different deal. If someone enjoys guns, shooting sports and considers themselves a free sovereign citizen leaving Kali sooner rather than later raises your odds of not getting drug into some court case where the local municipality breaks you in legal fees because some Barney pulls you on ways to range or not and rather than look at all your documents in attempt to prove all your trick parts are state approved, your cuffed, booked and forced to go to trial to prove it hoping to draw a friendly jury. Wait and see, their will be municipalities that will abuse the convoluted codes and rules to confiscate and drag people through court to prove their within Kali codes.

This dude is cooked, Source L.A. Times:
A San Francisco police officer has been arrested on suspicion of assembling his own illegal AR-15-style assault rifle, officials announced Wednesday.

Officer Thomas Abrahamsen, an 18-year veteran of the department, surrendered to authorities Tuesday and was booked and will face two felony weapons charges, San Francisco police said in a statement.

Wonder what the cops are going to do with the big pile of free magazines about to flow in to Departments? If they banned their own bullet button, what makes you think they won't ban this new device soon as it's noticed by state authorities?

Among the bills Brown approved was Senate Bill 1446, which bans possession of magazines with the capacity to hold more than 10 rounds and requires people who already have them to turn them in to authorities.

Among other things, the legislation also outlaws assault rifles that have something called a bullet button, which enables gun operators to quickly change magazines, and mandates background checks when guns are loaned to someone other than a close relative. Background checks also will be mandatory for ammunition purchases.

Ben Scroggins lives in Turlock and owns an AR-15. He thinks the law is paving the way for guns to be illegal all together. “They are just trying to make it harder and harder, they are trying to take our guns little bit at a time,” Scroggins said.

He has from January 2017 to January 2018 to register his AR-15 or it’s a felony. Scroggins said it isn’t an easy decision and he is to mull it over. “Umm there are three options right now and registration is third on my list of options,” he admitted. A risk that he might take to keep the gun in the family. If he registers the gun as is with the “evil features” his family will have to turn it over to the state when he dies.

Turn your registered guns in to the state upon death instead of passing down to your heirs? With rules in place Kali is a generation away from any semblance of a real military style weapon. If anyone thinks they are stopping with rules they have pushed thus far your standing downwind of a Marijuana Dispensery.

looks geh to me.
i am with huey.
i would get a lever action before bastardizing an ar.

My Winchester lever action or any number of non black rifle designs will put more rounds down range and in shorter period of time once a reload or two is required. Yesterday, as I do about every month enter "California legal AR15" into the Google task bar. Read rule changes and then click on images to see current trends in work arounds. The ergonomics of a Kali legal AR totally suck.

Don't care how much better a new device might be on occasion. The bastard that rule have grabbed the citizens so hard by their nut sacks that any time a really slick device comes along they will ban it too. Like their propensity to not adding new firearms models to list of approved Kali handguns no matter what abortions the manufactuers try to get them on the list. If this device actually speeds reloads and becomes popular it will be banned then the people that installed them, didn't get the memo, will then show up innocently at some range to leave in cuffs. Right now there are likely some widows or non gun law educated families that dad had a "few guns" that will hit a point where need a little money and unknowingly walk in a pawn shop with a rifle that's "unregistered" or has the "old" bullet button and instead of a few dollars to pay the rent they will go to jail for a cot and three hot meals a day. My mom is still finding odd things dad had put back and he died five years ago.

San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan said he anticipates that many gun owners will balk at turning in their high-capacity magazines in response to one of the new laws. “So, do we just criminalize a bunch of people who wouldn’t normally be considered criminals?” he asked.

In any event, law enforcement agencies across Southern California are preparing to enforce the new laws, no matter what officials might think of them. “We respect the legislation that has been passed,” said Lt. Mark Stichter, spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff’s Department. “We will uphold those laws and enforce them. Our job is to enforce laws."

Wait and see, some mostly innocent person just guilty of no more than not current with rule of the week or didn't know grandpa had a couple 20 round AR mags stashed in his pickup that the grandson proudly took possession of when grandpa went in the old folks home due to Alzheimers gets pulled, searched and goes to jail with grandpa's truck now confiscated property. If a similar law was passed in Georgia I don't think I could purge home, work and farm of every high capacity magazine if I tried. There are some military surplus aluminum mags that have been flung in the bushes when started acting up, how does a fellow round up mags thrown in the weeds in the 1970's?

Bet if cops nail a target on a person's back they will find a violation. I live in a state where a license or registration is not required to carry a gun about anywhere. As seen on local television can walk into Hartsfield International Airport with a loaded AR15 as long as don't try to pass through TSA to a terminal. Am always CCW when picking someone up at the airport. Sure in Kali that's a prison sentence. Every year they keep tightening the noose, a new device or two to bypass the new rules in some manner is developed and like the bullet button will be added to the "naughty list" next session. Honest California gun owners trying to follow the law are going to start being arrested wholesale as cops see something during a traffic stop and lives ruined. Even if their rifle is totally Kosher, it's not the cops job to interpret the law. Been told in lots of municipalities they arrest everyone with a gun or at least confiscate it and then let the court system interpret the law. Give me Hitler or Stalin, at least they were honest lunatics.

I love this one, don't piss off your wife if going through a divorce...

Family members who believe a loved one poses a danger to themselves or others will be able to ask police to seek a temporary “gun violence” restraining order from a judge beginning Jan. 1. The order would allow police to seize the person’s guns for 21 days.

Under the new law, a restraining order could be issued without prior knowledge of the person. In other words, a judge could issue the order without ever hearing from the person in question, if there are reasonable grounds to believe the person is a threat based on accounts from the family and police.

“The law gives us a vehicle to cause the person to surrender their weapons, to have a time out, if you will,” said Los Angeles Police Department Assistant Chief Michael Moore. “It allows further examination of the person’s mental state.” After three weeks, the person can challenge the judge’s decision.

What if someone with an ax to grind calls local cops and says my brother in law has a lot of guns and has been drinking. Says Joe Shmoe lives at 1234 Main St and is home now in a panic. Joe Shmoe is four beers into the Sunday football game when cops kick in the door based on a 911 call from a pre-paid cell or pay phone and his legal AR is leaned in corner but as they search the house well the little bag of SHTF parts and half dozen high cap mags he had hidden in garage or buried in back yard is found. Now he is a Kali Felon in the grey bar hotel. Or the cop that hates civilian ownership of black rifles and keeps a bag of high caps in trunk of cruiser to drop into any vehicle he searches with a legal black rifle... Promise that will happen, seen too many cops with throw downs and read too many articles where cops were caught planting drugs on someone had a grudge against. Kali is lost to black rifles, too many ways already and more seemingly added monthly.

hueyville
July 12, 2017, 08:30
This URL sums it all up nicely...

https://monstermangrip.com/legal-info/

As my first post said, AR's just suck under Kali rules and are totally pointless. Why I am glad own a pile of Mini-14's, M1a's, Garrands and such. Looks like a nice original SKS would be fine unless bayonet had to be removed which is not a deal breaker. I would ship every pistol grip black rifle, parts, accessories and such to whichever free state moving to already and would only still be in Kali because have so much crap to pack up. Actually, would have started the move over a decade ago and life in Kali would be a fading memory. Either abandon black rifles or abandon the state, it's that simple. This is just the start, it will get worse now that they have the bit in their teeth.

W.E.G.
July 12, 2017, 09:09
Y'all got sumthin' agin fornacreatin'?

Story
July 12, 2017, 19:26
Y'all got sumthin' agin fornacreatin'?

Different kinda strippers, Chief.

July 13, 2017, 17:51
when i first moved to socal in 1988 i went to the local mall & woolworths had racks of ak's & sks rifles.
now the citizens have to suck balls & step n fetch fo da man. shameful.

retired 1
July 13, 2017, 21:41
So I take it that CA doesn't allow any NFA firearms?

NFADLR
July 13, 2017, 22:19
Not officially but if someone is still horizontal that owned a nfa weapon when they were legal , back in the 1940's I suspect.

As the nfa rules are a tax issue and not for public consumption.

So my understanding or actually belief is that the feds can't disclose the old records if someone did own a nfa weapon back before the California laws changed on MG possession.

So I take it that CA doesn't allow any NFA firearms?