PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Saint - any known issues???

Invictus77
July 06, 2017, 14:48
A friend brought me his grandson's "almost new" Saint over the weekend which was reportedly "jamming continuously" and from the description sounded like FTE.

I stripped, cleaned, and lubed the bolt but the rifle was really pretty clean already. I truly saw nothing at all that raised a flag for me.

Test fired with his one mag (P-mag that came with rifle) and a couple of my steel Colt mags. My family and friends shot about 80 rounds through it Tuesday on the 4th with zero issues.

I cannot imagine this thing being that sensitive to a little dirt, but ?????

ETA: I spoke with the owner last night and he is shooting only new factory brass ammo, although he did not remember brand name.

OLDMANPBK
July 06, 2017, 15:11
Sounds like you fixed it. As you probably already know an AR likes to be lubed, especially when new. No issues that I'm aware of. Both reports I read on them were positive.

MistWolf
July 09, 2017, 10:57
Please describe the malfunction

ftierson
July 09, 2017, 11:40
A friend brought me his grandson's "almost new" Saint over the weekend which was reportedly "jamming continuously" and from the description sounded like FTE.

I stripped, cleaned, and lubed the bolt but the rifle was really pretty clean already. I truly saw nothing at all that raised a flag for me.

Test fired with his one mag (P-mag that came with rifle) and a couple of my steel Colt mags. My family and friends shot about 80 rounds through it Tuesday on the 4th with zero issues.

I cannot imagine this thing being that sensitive to a little dirt, but ?????

ETA: I spoke with the owner last night and he is shooting only new factory brass ammo, although he did not remember brand name.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get steel Colt mags?

Forrest