PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Moderate success

Jarhead
June 15, 2002, 18:25
I have been outta work for a while, and busy on that, but today I picked up a gas nut wrench at the Market Hall gunshow and swiveled that gas nut right off my StG-58 receiver stub. It is unscathed and unscarred, so my purchase was well worth the $10 and the visit to every table in the hall.

Then it was Dremel time. I put a 20K RPM smackdown right where you good people told me to in this thread (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16132) . I didn't see any dots from the threads, and started to get a little sweaty, but I kept on to just a...uh...very fine unit of measurement below the barrel flats. I gave it a whack with a hammer and chisel and that puppy cracked right where it was supposed to. The stub spun right off and I cleaned up the completely untouched threads.

I felt like the jeweler cutting the Hope Diamond or something. Thanks for all your advice. When I wasn't seeing any dots, indicating that I was getting to the threads, I put down the Dremel and came back in, sat down at the computer and reread the thread I linked to above. My confidence restored, I went back out and it worked like a charm. You guys rock.

3doghouse
June 15, 2002, 18:35
Oh man, you are in trouble now!

W.E.G.
June 15, 2002, 18:38
The only bad thing about Dremelin' is having to stop Dremelin'!